Product Owner - Hammersmith, London
A little bit about our team
The Digital Products team has responsibility for the rollout and continuous improvement of UKTV's video on demand products under the digital brand UKTV Play, across a range of platforms including web, iOS, Android and TV devices.
The team is fifteen-strong and is made up of front-end and back-end developers and designers, test analysts and project managers.
We're looking for a dynamic and passionate product owner to lead a key stream of work within our team, defining features and improvements across our web and TV platforms. This is a great chance to work for a forward-thinking media company helping to shape the future of television. You'll be working alongside some of the most talented digital minds in the industry across a portfolio of platforms.
Purpose of the role
In this role you will lead the TV stream of work, rolling out features and enhancements across You View, Freeview Play, Amazon Fire and Freesat. You will work closely with design, FE and BE developers and test analysts. This role requires you to know the product inside out and how what changes to make to meet our business needs. You will also work closely with the business stakeholders to understand their feedback and requirements and how they might benefit the product.
In this role you will get to...
- Define new features and enhancements for the TV and web platforms
- Gather requirements and work closely with the Digital Products team, specifically UX/UI to scope these and overcome potential challenges
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand the business needs from their areas
- Ensure that stakeholders have a clear understanding of the work in progress and have the ability to feed into the process throughout the project
- Work closely with team members, specifically Design to overcome challenges
- Liaise with our platform partners on work in-flight and new projects on the roadmap
- Contribute to daily stand-ups together with the other PMs to ensure the team is clear on tasks
- Contribute to sprint showcases to inform the wider business of progress and to the sprint retrospectives to strive to improve processes
- Keep the Head of Digital Production in regular touch with scopes of work
- Line manage and develop one project manage
- Follow UKTV's financial procedures ensuring all supplier agreements and payments are processed within company guidelines.
Who you are...
- Proactive in managing a range of key digital production projects within a multi-discipline team
- Have the ability to diplomatically challenge stakeholders on their requirements
- Solution focussed
- Enjoy the creative process and have the ability to relate the business needs to the product
- Adept at juggling conflicting priorities and multiple pieces of work
- Experience working with agile methodologies - sprints, stand-ups, stories, velocity, retrospectives, sprint planning, showcases etc.
- Experienced working on direct to consumer products in a digital environment
- Awareness of wider market knowledge and tech trends to help make sound product management judgements and decisions
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across a number of teams and departments
- A genuine passion for TV and the entertainment industry in general
- Experience of working on a product long-term, seeing it through various iterations
Don't have all the above, don't let that stop you! Here are some additional skills that we would like to hear about:
- Beneficial if you have worked with other on-demand platforms, such as YouView, Freeview Play, etc. in some capacity
- Experience of the TAL codebase in some capacity
- Previously worked in a broadcast environment