Job Title: PMO Manager
This independent company delivers Telecommunications services across Mobile, Fixed and Optical Networks. They use a proven delivery model that operates globally in partnership with a leading telecoms company.
Their expertise lies in the implementation of E2E delivery services in all sectors of the telecommunications industry, specialising in mobile, fixed and optical networks. Drawing on extensive experience and knowledge in large scale multivendor environments to deliver high quality projects and solutions that satisfy their customers and importantly their end user.
The PMO Manager is responsible for improving the consistency, predictability and efficiency of project and programme delivery. Partners with Programme Managers and Project Managers to build on best practice and combine with standard methodologies to build a world class PMO tailored to the environment.
- Understand the types of change and implement an effective governance framework
- Identify and support business priorities, ensuring the project is appropriately resourced and focused
- Manage all programme change requests and ensure changes are incorporated with minimum impact to the project
- Track and report on delivery of the project including costs, benefits and progress against plan
- Track and monitor issues and risks, supporting resolution actions
- Hold Project Managers accountable and escalate where necessary
- Manage the provision of high quality, accurate, timely data to the Operations Director and business stakeholders
- Support and provide commercial inputs to the Finance function
- Provide secretariat services, including documentation preparation for the Board meetings and regular leadership off-site meetings
- Develop and maintain generic project management standards, processes, templates and procedures
- Support the setting up of individual project processes, procedures and tools
- Ensure the completeness and regular maintenance of project plans including an up-to-date repository of projects
- Managing interfaces between projects to ensure accurate and appropriate communication of the projects activities
- Ensuring Project Review Boards and Steering committees are coordinated and supported
- Set up and administration of project change control and risk management processes
- Set up and administration of resource capacity planning and tracking to help understand resource availability
- Contributing to reviews and audits of the management of projects and programmes to ensure conformance to organisation standards
- Recruiting and managing appropriate PMO resources to meet the needs of the PMO, including line management responsibilities
- Coordinating regular departmental demonstrations to communicate programme progress to the wider teams
- Rolling out improvement activities and or training as appropriate
- Holds PMO Accreditations such as Prince2, PMI or APM
- Understands project management fundamentals and business management systems
- Able to lead by example with a thorough understanding of how the PMO team assists the organisation
- Proficient and can advise others in project management methods, principles, techniques and tools.
- Proven understanding of financial management pertaining to programmes and projects
- Strong PMO management experience from a Telecommunications environment
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Experience liaising with business partners and 3rd party suppliers
- Process orientated, an organiser with strong planning ability and attention to detail
- A team player with a strong desire to achieve excellence
- Personal drive to achieve significant change in relatively short periods of time
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, written and verbal
- Business and political awareness
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Company Pension
- Career opportunities
- Discounted gym membership
- Death in service
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; Project Coordinator, Project Management, Project Lead, Telecoms Project Manager, Project Team Leader, Programme Manager, Project Supervisor, Project Management, PRINCE 2, Senior Project Officer may also be considered for this role.