Here at Iceland we're different. We care. We're not a dull stuffy corporate. We're one big team. A diverse group of people who get stuck in and work together. If this is how you like to work then please read on........
We have a fantastic opportunity join our Infrastructure Programme Manager team within our Head Office in Deeside, near Chester. Working within the IT team and reporting to the the Technical Cloud Specialist Lead you will primarily work on projects led by Project Managers, stake holders providing technical guidance and assisting in the delivery to meet goals and objectives as outlined in the project. Responsible for designing, building, and maintaining next-generation cloud services solutions in the public cloud using cloud-native tools and technologies.
- Spearhead the development and implementation of cloud-based initiatives to ensure that systems are scalable, reliable, secure, supportable, and achieve business and IT performance and budgetary objectives.
- Lead a small team and drive technical direction with Vendors / partners for the wider technical teams
- Drive the architecture/design and implementation to migrate applications to cloud-based PaaS, IaaS and SaaS products, including optimising technical reliability and improving application performance.
- Work with Development, Infrastructure, Architecture and 3rd parties to define suitable design patterns for new services to be deployed in Azure; including IaaS, PaaS and SaaS as options.
- Architecting complex IT systems, including operating systems, networks, firewalls, and load balancers
- Contribute to the design of infrastructure solutions in the Cloud considering aspects of High availability, clustering, fault tolerance and disaster recovery.
- Manage infrastructure costs in Cloud and Hybrid environments, perform scripting, and create future proof Cloud designs and implementations.
- Collate, document and contribute towards defining standards to be adopted for infrastructure hosted within Public Cloud Environments.
- Work closely with the dev team to drive agile best practices and a DevOps culture. Embracing the DevOps philosophy, whilst being mindful of the existing teams and structures that are being utilised.
- Work collaboratively with IT Security in the implementation of controls for the Cloud computing services
- Implement and maintain software-defined network infrastructure in multi-region, multi-cloud environments, management of network services including but not limited to: VPN, firewall, WAF, IPS, proxy, load balancing, and DNS.
- Put in place processes and systems to ensure that the agreed standards become embedded in the creation of new infrastructure in Public Cloud Environments.
- Promote transfer of knowledge and awareness of the technical specialism to those in closely-related areas.
- Provide Technical Input and advise and inform the Infrastructure Programme Manager of technical issues as part of decision-making processes for technical direction and procurement of new systems.
- Serve as an interface between the 3rd Parties with supervisorial responsibilities in delegating work and ensuring that projects come in on time and under budget.
- Develop scripts to automate everyday developer or operations functions taking responsibility for compute, storage, network, security, scalability, resilience, load balancing, failover, deployment and monitoring.
- Drive best practice and live the mantra to automate all things and act as a cloud advocate.
- Collaborate with others to troubleshoot and resolve escalated production issues.
- Attend regular reviews of our public cloud estate, commenting on compliance to standards, opportunities to improve standards, instances of non-compliance, cost saving opportunities.
- Proficient in Azure developing infrastructure using the Azure CLI, Bash, Powershell and ARM Templates.
- Well versed in Azure Policies, Azure blueprint, Azure IaaS, Azure Application services, Azure Automation DSC, Azure identity management
- Good knowledge of the comparative capabilities of various Azure SKU's (particularly IaaS and PaaS).
- Strong Automation skills through tools like Azure CLI, Bash and ARM scripts, code-first approach
- Strong working knowledge of networking (VNETS), NextGen firewall and securing a Cloud-based network
- Competent with Security Centre, Key Vault, Application Gateway and Network Security Groups.
- Good knowledge of Virtualization, Storage, Networking.
- Familiar with concepts Disaster Recovery, High Availability, Fail Over and Redundancy methodologies as they are central to operating software in the cloud.
- An understanding of Visual Studio and Azure DevOps as an integrated development environment that you can use to edit, debug, and build code, and then publish apps
- Proficient in developing automation mechanisms for continuous build and integration activities
- Experience with windows domain components (Domain controllers, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, etc.)
- Proficiency in Linux/UNIX operating system stacks (Ubuntu/Redhat/Suse/CentOS)
- Familiar with containerization tech stacks such as Docker / Kubernetes.
- Microsoft AZ300, AZ301, AZ201 or equivalent in Public Cloud platforms (required)
- Educated to degree level (desired)
- Proven working experience as part of an agile operation or development team (required)
- Proven experience with Azure Cloud Platform (required)
- Strong Windows Infrastructure administration experience (desired)
- Experience of managing, supporting, monitoring and troubleshooting cloud environments (required)
Make a difference to your career, we expect a lot but you'll get a lot back in return. We will help you grow and develop your career and give you the freedom to show that you really care.
Alongside this we can offer you:
- A very competitive salary with an excellent benefits package,
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday,
- 10% store discount, 30% club individual restaurant discount,
- Free parking onsite,
- Double discount weeks,
- Highly subsidised restaurant onsite with our own Michelin Star Chef!
- Subsidised Costa onsite,
- Discounted gym membership,
- Charity fundraising events,
- Educational sponsorship,
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave,
- Long service awards,
- Reward & recognition,
- Online discounts at over 150 retailers and cashback on shopping, holidays, insurance and more!
Be Proud. Be brave. Be everything that makes us different. Be Iceland.
If this sounds like you and you want to expand your career please apply directly and a member of the recruitment team will get back to you!.
Contact Name: Iceland
Job ID: 2795359