VoIP DevOps Engineer
£50000 - £55000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
VoIP DevOps Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: ASAP
SiPalto are a hosted VoIP telephony provider with our own portfolio of products that meet all of businesses' voice, video and communications needs.
From our inception in 2009, we have grown organically and have developed an incredible range of solutions based on Open Source technologies, including our flagship product, SiP Cloud, a hosted VoIP platform. We offer exceptional value in network solutions that are coupled with intuitive design and advanced technical concepts that deliver simple working solutions.
Now, with more than 200 companies using our systems, we are looking to grow our team. As such, we are seeking a VoIP DevOps Engineer with extensive experience in Asterisk, Kamailio, WebRTC and VoIP to develop and scale our systems and support our continued growth.
As an experienced engineer, you will be working heavily with Linux systems and will be responsible for the implementation and design of new solutions and system features, playing an important role in the development and operations of the VoIP Platform.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding and working experience of SIP, ChanSIP, PJSIP, RTP and WebRTC
- Proven commercial experience with Linux (CentOS) server administration
- Proven commercial experience of building, scaling and maintaining Asterisk based telephony systems
- Proven commercial experience of building, scaling and maintaining Kamailio SBCs
- Using REST APIs to integrate with 3rd party vendors and/or 3rd party solutions
- Working within security first software development frameworks
- Debugging server-side issues using command line and various related tools
- Extensive experience of reading sip traces and log files to diagnose issues using programs such as Wireshark
- Working at a 4th line level to the tech support team to investigate and resolve technical issues
- Strong knowledge of scripting and other server-side programming, e.g. Python/Bash
- Strong proficiency in MySQL database design and management (high availability, mirroring and performance)
- Aware of modern database alternatives (NoSQL, JANUS etc.)
- Working experience and knowledge of scaling technologies such as Docker / kubernetes
- Networking skills - TCP/IP, DNS and Network Protocols
- Commercial experience with different programming languages
- Provide training to the support team on new product features, developments and system enhancements
- Comfortable with self-learning and researching existing and future technology independently
- Proven ability to work and make decisions independently
- Excellent communication skills and written/spoken English
- Excellent organisation and work management skills
- Professional and positive attitude
Company benefits include:
- 25 days' annual leave per year + 5 days optional buy back (30 days in total) + Bank Holidays
- Discretionary Christmas bonus
- Working from home options
- Generous training budget for external training/courses
- Travel budget for national and international technology conferences
- End of month office lunch
- Summer and Christmas party
Other organisations may call this role DevOps Engineer, Development Operations Engineer, Systems Engineer, VoIP Systems Engineer, Linux Systems Engineer, or Linux Engineer.
To apply for the role of VoIP DevOps Engineer, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.