|Listed on:||7th February|
Front End Web Developer
2 year fixed-term contract
£30,880 - £34,756 per annum
Technology is being used more and more within education and we are building, shaping and designing our own eAssessment system to be used by schools. As a Front End Web Developer, you will be joining our in-house technical team and as a team player, you will be responsible for the implementation of all required front-end customisations using JS/CSS/HTML(5).
You’ll be working on layouts, creating the style sheets for items (assessment questions) incorporating graphs and drag and drop features. Your role will involve:
- Designing major new features and demonstrating while showing a nuanced understanding of browser constraints
- Increasing the robustness and reliability of codebases and devoting time to polishing products and systems
- Providing useful design feedback and suggesting feasible alternatives
- Implementing designs considering browser/mobile compatibility, semantics, accessibility and user experience
- Building interactive components
- Testing new code thoroughly, both locally, and once deployed on the QA environment
- Refactoring existing code to make it more testable and matching design patterns best practices
- Implementing systems that enable better testing
- Giving thoughtful code reviews as a domain expert
- Advising deployment patterns matching an application’s needs
- Participating in the SCRUM ceremonies
- Estimating the complexity of software changes requests
Your technical background:
- Good knowledge with VCS (Git)
- Understanding of basic Agile and SCRUM concepts
- Ability to identify and understand basic cloud patterns
- Ability to debug and profile your code efficiently
- Software development best practices and clean code principles
You’ll love this job, if you:
- Excellent communication skills
- Empathy to ensure a good collaboration with others
- Proactivity to take on trust and tasks when blocked elsewhere
- Lead knowledge and experience sharing across the team member
- Mentoring skills to share with other team members
Other titles for this role may include Front End Developer. Developer, Web Developer, Application Developer, or Website Developer.
If you have knowledge of React, Vue and Angular as this will assist you with the system, although full training will be given.
About NFER (National Foundation for Educational Research)
With a 70-year history, NFER is an independent and highly respected charity that carries out research within education. Our robust and innovative research, assessment, and other services are widely known and used. We have a reputation as an organisation that informs policy and practice, helping to ensure the best possible education for children and young people.
- Competitive salary based on skills and experiences
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days’ holiday per year, includes Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Front End Web Developer, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.
Contact Name: Metuka Monplaisir-Stephens
Job ID: 2793219