Office For National Statistics
£29540 - £41890
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
We work across multiple business areas, software tools and systems and using a range of programming languages, including: Java, Python, C#, Go, Node, Ruby, SharePoint, R, SQL, NoSQL, Spark, Hadoop As a Software Engineer, we don't expect you to be experienced in all of the above. Instead we are looking for you to demonstrate a level of proficiency, in more than one, and the willingness to learn and develop other skills over time.
As a software engineer you will be responsible for:
* Designing software products to serve a variety of user needs and enhancing existing software products to meet evolving user needs.
* Ensuring a quality software product is delivered and maintained.
* Being a practitioner in the use of technologies and tools, evaluating and adopting those appropriate for the environment.
* Supporting an environment where continuous or "on demand" delivery can be enabled if needed by the business, using effective delivery and deployment techniques.
* Maintaining and supporting services, identifying, locating and competently fixing faults, and taking pro-active actions to avoid service disruption.
* Sharing knowledge of tools and techniques; identifying and sharing good practices and collaborating to improve the capability of the team.