Business Analyst - Hammersmith London
A little bit about the team
The Projects Team are responsible for delivering transformative projects across UKTV. They consist of a Business Analysts and Project Managers, and together with Developers based in Leeds deliver a large programme of work. As well as delivering critical projects on time and within budget the team also enable the business to prioritise the list of projects to be worked on. Working with teams across the company they deliver UKTV's future. They are a delivery-focussed team, are fun to work with and have great relationships with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers.
Purpose of the role
This role is intended to provide the key link between business strategy, business operations,
project governance, technology requirements and software development activity for UKTV
In this role you will get to...
- Become an expert on UKTV's and our partners' business processes
- Identify, analyse and document business requirements derived from company strategy or internal need, working with internal customers and third parties
- To map as-is and to-be workflows, generating detailed process maps and use cases
- To support key stakeholders, project managers and internal customers with the identification and definition of business change
- To work closely with Project Managers, Super Users and Solutions Leads to ensure that all requirements are traceable throughout the project life cycle
- To define and complete analysis, create solutions with architects and feed estimates and progress information through to project managers and SCRUM leads
- To identify and engage the appropriate stakeholders for assigned areas of work and provide effective communication to all parties
- To work with development and test teams, ensuring that requirements are fully understood and taken through AGILE processes to achieve accurate and efficient delivery
- To review solution designs, test packs and delivered solutions to make sure that original requirements are met.
- To lead or assist with the implementation and planning of training, documentation and change management
- To live the UKTV behaviours, displaying inventive thinking, savvy, trust, ownership and passion in everything they do
- Develops new, innovative and creative solutions to meet business challenges
- Implements change and forward thinking throughout the business
- May be required to manage multiple projects concurrently requiring excellent organisation
We are looking for someone who is/has...
- Strong business analysis / consultancy experience including experience of complex analysis
- Experience of gathering detailing and managing user and system requirements for large scale technology projects, including structured communication of requirements to software developers and architects
- Extensive experience working with the following File formats would be an advantage: XML, TEXT, JSON, XSD
- Experience working with APIs and data would be an advantage, specifically working with large databases and possess an understanding of data types and relationships.
- Any experience of coding may be an advantage
- Previous experience working as a project team with technical staff delivering first class solutions
- Worked with/around media-based companies. Specific experience of working with Digital Asset Management, Digital File Delivery, Video on Demand, Workflow Management Tools, linear Playout and Schedule Management solutions would be of particular benefit
- Experience of producing functional design documents accessible to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Have a structured approach but be comfortable in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Able to handle change to projects and products
- Great attention to detail - able to think several steps ahead
- Strong and sensitive relationship management and stakeholder management skills with the ability to work, collaboratively with colleagues across multiple departments and services
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff, and act as a translator between them
- Significant experience working with software development and business system support teams within an Agile environment
Contact Name: UKTV
Job ID: 2792011