Our Defence client are looking for a CCNP Qualified Network Engineer (DV cleared).
Summary of the work
Our Defence client requires 3rd line support from a DV cleared, suitably qualified and experienced personnel (SQEP) to provide on-site network engineering support. Working in conjunction with existing members of a network operations department, reporting to the Authority that manage a number of networks and Information Systems. Authority delegates day to day prioritisation of tasks according to the Operational tempo.
What the specialist will work on
- Perform IT Service Management activities for the network, including but not limited to: incident management, problem management, change management, configuration management, knowledge management, and service validation and testing.
2. To be in attendance during normal working hours (NWH).
3. To occasionally work outside of working hours (OWH) to conduct pre-planned change activity.
4. To travel to other sites to conduct network support. These support tasks may last several days. Not less than 1 in 8 weeks will be spent at sites other than normal place of work.
Key skills and experience
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) (Collaboration)
- Oracle SBC Configuration and Administration (proof of course completion)
- Oracle ECB Configuration and Administration (proof of course completion)
- 3-5 years' experience supporting complex Campus LAN & WAN networks based on IP cryptography.
- Configuration and administration within a production environment of an IP network supporting voice and video applications
- Configuration and administration within a production environment of a traffic policing policy using QoS and DSCP marking
- Configuration and administration within a production environment of Oracle Communications equipment
- CCIE (Collaboration)
- CCNP (Routing and Switching)
- CCNP (Security)
- Cisco Certified Design Associate (CCDA)
- Python Certified Entry-Level Programmer (PCEP)
- Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) (proof of course completion)
- L3 TRL cryptographic equipment (Catapan) (proof of course completion)
- Implementation and administration of encrypted IP tunnelling of classified network traffic across various bearers.
- OSPF process configuration and management, EIGRP, BGP, L3 TRL Catapan, Nexus-OS, Linux OS, Policy Based Routing, logging and analysis tools (e.g. PRTG, Splunk, Solar Winds), DMVPN, Cisco networking equipment.
- Dell networking equipment, Juniper firewall equipment, RBAC administration, software defined network (SDN) exposure including SD-WAN, Cisco DNAC and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
Network Engineer, CCNP, Cisco Certified Network Professional, Oracle SBC, Oracle ECB, LAN, WAN, IP cryptography, IP network, QoS, DSCP, Oracle Communications, CCIE, CCNP (Collaboration), CCNP (Routing and Switching), CCNP (Security), CCDA, PCEP, PRNE, L3 TRL cryptographic equipment, PRTG, Splunk, Solar Winds, DMVPN, Cisco networking equipment, EIGRP, BGP, L3 TRL Catapan, Nexus-OS, Linux OS, Policy Based Routing, Dell networking equipment, Juniper firewall equipment, RBAC administration, software defined network (SDN), SD-WAN, Cisco DNAC, Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE), DV Clearance, DV Cleared, Developed Vetting, Development Vetting, Defence, Military, Public Sector, Government
Contact Name: Ellie Bass
Job ID: 2791724