Our client is a global multi-channel retailer and one of Britain's most loved organisations, we're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join their digital transformation journey and be a central part of the organisation to maintain their place at the forefront of the retail industry.
We're looking for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help design, develop and deploy software for their solutions. Reporting into the Engineering Manager, the successful candidate will be able to build high-quality, innovative and fully performant software in compliance with best practise coding standards and technical design.
You'll help to drive better working practises and become a valued member of the engineering department. The position will involve you communicating technical decisions through tech-talks and white-boarding sessions, taking accountability for the technical quality of team's output as a whole. This is through both code review and continuous architectural & system design review of output generated as part of new feature development.
As one of our Senior developers, you'll be required to help drive engineering sessions and put yourself forward for challenging tasks, as well as providing coaching and mentoring to other engineers. Additionally, our Seniors may participate in the recruitment process in your discipline, including sitting on interview panels or reviewing technical tests etc.
- High level of engagement when architecting and developing new software. Constantly looking at challenging the status quo, and improving our platform
- Drives engineering conversations. Always speaks with confidence and is seen as a thought leader by the team
- Actively seeks to work with the wider technology organisation, engages in cross functional engineering forums and displays genuine interest to learn more about the big picture of our platforms
- Takes full accountability of the technical state of the product. From development, over deployment and into operational mode
- Consults business stakeholders on the best approach for delivering complicated feature, both in how it can be split and sequenced, and in terms of potential improvement to the functional requirements
- Inducts new team members; provides coaching and mentoring to other engineers
- Experience building distributed web applications
- Strong experience with CSS/SASS
- Experience with build automation tools (Webpack, Nodemon, gulp etc.)
- Strong experience with testing frameworks and libraries such as Mocha, Chai or Webdriver.io
- Expert understanding of build configuration and automation in a CI environment
- Experienced working within a cloud environment, and is comfortable provisioning IaaS and PaaS services within such an environment
- Have delivering end-to-end web-applications within a product team following the DevOps methodology, and thus are comfortable deploying and maintaining all infrastructural and application services required by the web-application within a cloud environment
- Strong understanding of containerisation (preferably Kubernetes)
- Experience with NodeJS
- Familiarity with ES6 / CSS3 syntax's
- Proficiency with TDD & BDD
- Experience with distributed version controls systems like Git
Contact Name: Jack Williams
Job ID: 2791107