|Recruiter:||Society of London Theatre|
|Listed on:||30th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£17,000 - £17,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Society of London Theatre (SOLT) and the UK Theatre Association (UK Theatre) are organisations that work with and on behalf of our Members to champion theatre, promote the performing arts and strengthen the theatre community.
We are now looking for an IT Assistant to join us on a part-time basis, working two days a week.
- Salary of £17 per hour
- Work in an iconic area of London
- Join a team who share your passion for the performing arts
This is the ideal role in which to build upon your IT experience and skills, developing your career and professional portfolio and enhancing your future potential.
You will have the chance to join a historic organisation, established over 100 years ago, who hold a diverse range of events, from major events to charitable activities.
This is a unique and flexible IT role in which you will discover a talented and inspiring team who love what they do and a collaborative and dedicated working environment.
As an IT Assistant, you will support our IT usage and estate and respond to a range of incoming queries.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your role will involve:
- Managing any issues and enquiries using helpdesk software
- Investigating first line telephone and IT systems issues
- Implementing software and hardware upgrades and replacements
- Liaising with IT support regarding ongoing cases
- Implementing strategic IT improvements
To join us as an IT Assistant, you will need:
- Experience of IT set up and support
- Knowledge of PC hardware, software and PC set up
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organisation
- The ability to multitask and work effectively as part of a team
- The flexibility to work occasional evenings, weekends and events
Ideally, you will have knowledge of network set ups, but this is not essential. GCSEs (or equivalent) in Maths and English would also be beneficial.
Other organisations may call this role Systems Support Assistant, Application Support Assistant, IT Support Assistant, IT Support Desk Technician, 1st Line Support Technician, 1st Line Support Assistant, Helpdesk Technician, Support Technician, Network Technician, or Desktop Support Technician.
The closing date for this role is the 17th February 2020.
Please note, only applicants who are shortlisted for interview will be contacted.
Webrecruit and Society of London Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you're seeking a new challenge as an IT Assistant, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.