Experienced IT Support Technician - Office 365 Windows Server
£22000 - £25000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This business is listed as one of the top three IT services businesses in Scotland bringing together their own market leading network with a diverse range of cloud solutions.
Working in a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same, the ideal candidate will have experience working as a 2nd Line Support Technician with the ability to build key internal and external relationships.
- Providing 2nd line support both remotely and on site - this role is partially based at one of their clients sites
- Taking ownership of users' issues and identifying appropriate solutions to resolve service incidents and requests
- Providing users with regular communication on the progress of investigations and planned solutions utilising ticketing system for communication both internally and externally
- Providing an escalation point for the 1st line team, providing 2nd line support, ensuring assigned calls are responded to, diagnosed and resolved
- Creating standard documentation on problem resolution, fixes and updating the technical knowledge base
- Experience in deskside support or other user support functions
- In-depth hands on problem solving expertise in desktop hardware, operating systems and software packages
- Understanding and experience working with and administering layer 3 networks, TCP/IP, security and Wi-Fi connectivity
- Microsoft Office 365
- Server Backup Configuration and Management
- Microsoft Windows Server, working knowledge up to 2016 server
- Microsoft Exchange Server, working knowledge up to 2016 server
- Server Technologies: Performance and security analysis, troubleshooting
- Clean Driving licence
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Full on the job training & support.
- Fun working environment and culture.
- Great opportunity for advancement.
Based in Edinburgh you would be expected to travel (they will provide a company pool vehicle for these occasions)
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.