Role: Oracle DBA - PAYE
Duration: 6 months + extensions
Start Date: ASAP
Would you like to join a global leader in consulting, technology services and digital transformation?
Our client are at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms.
- Working as oracle DBA to support the production environment
- Involved in database design for the new development
- Administration of production database on Oracle 11g RAC
- Implement Database Backup strategies.
- Installation & configuration of Oracle OEM agent on production databases for grid control monitoring
- Configure RMAN for backup and recovery
- Worked on Flashback Database feature.
- Worked on Data Guard to setup physical standby database
- Worked on migration project using Oracle Golden Gate 12c.
- Implemented Partitioning tables and indexes
- Involved in Datacenter migration project and have developed strategies for Database testing before migration. Includes latency test, data transfer test from current prod to new prod site etc.
- Configuring high availability using geographical MongoDB replica sets across multiple data centers using MongoDB 3.4 including Ops manager setup for monitoring and backup.
- Migrated Mongo database systems from No-SSL authentication to SSL authentication using certificates.
- Monitoring the CPU usage, IO statistics, CPU time to identify any OS level performance killers using MongoDB Ops Manager.
- Involved in MongoDB implementation and renewal of SSL certs for compliance.
- Performance tuning and stress-testing of NoSQL database environments in order to ensure acceptable database performance in production mode.
- Index creation and managing it and Creating Capped and TTL collection
- User Management - creating users, assigning roles, managing permissions to implement MongoDB security standards
- Worked on MongoDB version upgrade from MongoDB 3.2.11 to 3.4.14
- Install Backup and Monitoring agent on MongoDB data nodes and configure data node to Ops Manager for monitoring and backup.
Scope: Build, test, document, deploy and handover Oracle databases and Mongo databases
Skills: Oracle 12c and Mongo DB. Oracle Active Data Guard. Working in an Agile framwework.
- 3+ years demonstrable experience of database performance tuning and capacity management.
- Expert in multiple versions of oracle - 9i, 10g, 11g, 12c.
- Expert knowledge of RMAN, Data Guard, OEM, Audit Vault.
- Experience Third-party products such as Foglight, Precise, Imperva .
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Experience in financial industry.
- Other DBMS experience a plus (MariaDB, MySQL, Sybase).
- AWS knowledge a plus
Please submit CVs today!
Contact Name: Rachel Eccles
Job ID: 2789132