Embedded Software Engineer
£34000 - £38000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This company is a unique electronic product design business specialising in design, software, prototype and production. They work with a wide range of customers ranging from local inventors and entrepreneurs, to SME's, academic institutions and international corporations.
They are looking for an experienced Embedded Software Engineer to join their busy and successful Design Department. Working across multiple live projects, their engineers are responsible for designing and developing systems aimed at revolutionising a wide range of industry sectors.
The successful Engineer will be hard-working, knowledgeable and driven. You'll be able to prioritise your workload and seek excellence through high quality workmanship. As part of your role, you'll support your fellow team members to enable best practice and the continual improvement of the company's design services.
You'll also be able to work alongside the wider teams within the business to ensure all projects are delivered on-time and within budget.
- Completed the relevant degree level qualification and have 4 years relevant experience, or;
- A minimum of 6 years' experience
- 5 years of low-level embedded C development experience
- Familiarity with microprocessor architectures and peripherals (Ideally Microchip).
The right candidate will have experience of:
- The full product development life cycle
- Microprocessor peripheral driver development, especially for serial communications (i.e UART, I2C, SPI)
- Developing OTA comms protocols (i.e Command Interfaces, Bootloaders)
- Use of software version control methods
And have some knowledge of:
- Hardware schematics
- System testing
- Legacy and current systems
A good understanding in any of the following areas would be desirable, but is not required:
- Mobile development (Android/iOS)
- Some PC application development, such as Microsoft Visual Studio C# / C++
- Software documentation (i.e UML, Doxygen)
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary of £34,000 to £38,000
- Flexitime system
- Private healthcare
- Company pension scheme
- 22 days annual leave
- Learning and development opportunities
- Regular social events
- On-site parking
If you've got a passion for electronics, get a buzz out of finding new ways to solve unique problems and enjoy a busy and friendly work environment, they want to hear from you.
This post is based in Fishponds, Bristol.
Working hours are 37.5 hrs per week, Monday - Friday.