LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Skills and Experience
* Delivering large and highly complex projects on behalf of the UK MoD
* Delivery of UK MoD Cat A procurement projects
* Strong supplier negotiation skills
* Strong Stakeholder Management skills with the ability to work closely with the customer
* Working in a high paced, agile environment, needs to coordinate both project and technical activity within overall programme
* An understanding of the MOD Procurement Process
* An understanding of the MODs Acquisition Lifecycle
* Experience in working with contracts and commercial documentation and functions
* Experience in working and delivery in a large and complex environment
* Experience of working collaboratively with internal and external teams
* Proficient in use Microsoft Office suite
* experience of working with Managed Service Providers
* experience of the Defence Land Environment
* Certification in a Project Management Methodology or Framework (PRINCE2, Agile etc)
* Understanding of various commercial frameworks and routes to procurements such as CCS, FATS etc.
The Competition Manager will be responsible to the Senior Project Manager and will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the project management activities relating to the commercial process, procurement and engagement with industry and suppliers. The successful candidate will therefore possess excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills and will be experienced in managing contract documentation, liaising with senior stakeholders and external suppliers, planning and coordinating a wide range of commercial activities.
The Competition Manager will be required to;
* Create, manage and maintain an Early Competition Data Pack for the project, including all necessary documentations required for competition such as a Procurement Strategy, Contract Notices etc.
* Develop and maintain various contractual and commercial documentation such as the Prior Information Notice (PIN) for the project
* Develop, manage and maintain the Acquisition Strategy for the Project in accordance with the Commercial policy
* Liaise with the Commercial Team and other relevant teams to plan, organise and co-ordinate various Industry Engagement sessions and events
* Provide input and support for the development of the Commercial Strategy
* Support the Procurement process for the project
* Provide general support to the Authority in relation to commercial and procurement activates
* Manage all project commercial and procurement activities in accordance with the schedule