SC / DV Oracle DBA
LA International Computer Consultants Ltd
£50 - £60
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
SC / DV Oracle DBA (11g / 12c)
A fantastic opportunity for an Oracle DBA to work in contract with a major organisation near to Glasgow
Handles and leads the most complex or critical data/ database management initiatives that typically involve multiple disciplines and multiple business groups, including responsibility for database architecture, design, integration, and/or data modelling.
- Design database environments and create databases
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain database objects
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain database security and audit solutions
- Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain database recovery solutions
- Execute data recovery
- Manage database performance, capacity and availability
- DBMS SW implementation, upgrade, patching
- Develop and maintain database support documentation.
- Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
Skills and Requirements:
- Oracle 11g, 12c experience required.
- HP-UX, Linux experience required.
- Grid Control/OEM experience required.
- 11g or 12c RAC experience required.
- Oracle ASM experience required.
- Oracle DataGuard experience required.
- Oracle 11g or 12c OCP DBA certification is a plus.
- Oracle Exadata experience a plus.
- Experience working with VLDB databases including partitioning required.
- Scripting in ksh and Perl required. PL/SQL programming experience/knowledge is preferred.
- Experience supporting database migration projects
- AWS and/or Azure Cloud migration desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required