Real Time Recruitment
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Position - Commercial Manager
Location - Bristol
Type - Contract
Rate - £60.00 Umbrella Company
Industry - MOD
Security - Minimum SC security clearance required
Working in Bristol 5 days per week.
Travel to Rosyth and Devonport may be required
Our client are seeking to grow our commercial function. Reporting to the Head of Commercial, you will provide commercial management and development activities to enable us to drive forward our commitments to customers and the Group. You will be required to provide commercial support, including developing the commercial strategy for specific projects or contracts by maintaining and maximising profitability and, to provide support to various stakeholders on general commercial matters.
Main responsibilities for this role will include provide commercial support through tendering phase, understanding and negotiating contract terms for projects and mitigating risks these may place on our client.
Our client are involved in a range of Projects, running a variety of commercial and Ministry of Defence Contracts and are looking for experienced Commercial Lead / Contracts Specialist looking to progress their careers and join our team. Ideal candidates will have experience in civil nuclear, engineering and/or manufacturing environments. You will have an excellent ability to read and understand contract clauses, you will have an in depth understanding of contract price build ups and proven experience managing contractual relationships between clients, customers and contractors and be adept at communicating to all levels within the business.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree or equivalent in Law, Quantity Surveying or Business or qualified through experience.
• Partnering - Ability to develop existing commercial relationships with clients into long term partnering relationships and build new relationships
• Extensive Tendering experience with ability to lead from a commercial perspective both pre award and post award of contract.
• Risk Awareness and Mitigation - Ability to identify business, corporate risks and contract risks and develop mitigation plans with operational teams
• Negotiation - Ability to lead major complex negotiations in partnering ways which deliver client and internal expectations
• Financially focused and aware of the impact of decisions on value for money for the client and profitability for our client
• Innovative - Ability to use long term innovative thinking and networking to stimulate new opportunities or solutions
• Contractual Development - ability to draft, negotiate and implement agreements and contracts
• Contract Management - ability to provide advice at the right time to avoid disputes and help operational teams to continually improve and grow contracts for the benefit of client.
• Best Practice - need to understand the market they are operating in and where possible develop best practice commercial support.
• Champion the role of commercial in the organisation and maintain an effective relationship with the relevant experts
Key Analytical Skills and Challenges/ competencies:
• Commercial Analysis of Business, Opportunities and Contracts
• General Financial analysis of bids and contracts
• Risk Analysis
• Expert analysis of terms, agreements and contracts
• Negotiation skills
Urgent requirement ! Send cv for an immediate response..
Project and Programme Management