Head of Strategic IT Projects
£69995 - £78698
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Head of Strategic IT Projects
Based at any of our client’s sites (with travel to meetings at other locations, including Central London)
About the Organisation
Our client is a ground-breaking global Christian movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
They create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and their community hubs enable people to come together and fulfil their potential.
Our client is also raising the educational bar through their academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, the academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
The organisation is now looking for a Head of Strategic IT Projects to join their IT Directorate Senior Management Team. This role will play a key role in the development of the overall IT strategy for our client.
- Salary of £69,995 - £78,698 per annum (dependent on location)
- Car allowance
- Local government pension scheme
- A strong Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating work environment
- An opportunity to work with new technology
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 days (plus 8 Bank Holiday days) per year, rising to 30 days (plus 8 Bank Holiday days) after 2 years of service
If you have a background in delivering IT programmes, this is an exceptional opportunity to make a positive, lasting impact on our client’s academies and educational offering.
Our client’s vision is for a community where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their true potential. In this senior position, you will have the chance to support the successful delivery of services that will enable students and organisation as a whole to flourish.
As the Head of Strategic IT Projects, you will oversee the successful planning and management of the IT Projects Programme, including specific IT project delivery leading to the realisation of the organisation’s IT vision.
In this role, you will plan, oversee and take operational responsibility for the implementation of all aspects of IT integration and improvements for the agreed IT programme, strategies and projects within our client’s academies.
You’ll ensure that the best business benefit and highest standard of quality is obtained within agreed budgets/timescales at all times.
In your role as a Head of Service, you will also contribute to the cross-function management and strategic development of services within the organisation.
To be considered as the Head of Strategic IT Projects, you will need:
- At least five years’ programme and/or project management experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience of managing procurement programmes in the public sector, including knowledge of EU procurement law
- At least three years’ experience of acting at a senior level of management
- At least two years’ experience of delivering IT programmes
- Experience of working with, and negotiating with, funding bodies
- Previous experience of developing strategic plans for the delivery of effective IT solutions
- A commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
- A degree-level or equivalent industry qualification
- A PRINCE2 or PMI qualification
Other organisations may call this role Head of IT Programme, Head of IT Projects, Senior IT Projects Manager, Senior IT Programme Manager, or Head of IT.
The closing date for applications is the 5th February 2020.
Our client is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from our client’s ethos. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
So, if you are ready for an exciting, new challenge as a Head of Strategic IT Projects, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year