|Listed on:||22nd January|
|Salary/Rate:||£37,650 - £42,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
ICT Project Manager
Waterloo, London (with regular travel to client sites)
About the Organisation
Our client is a ground-breaking global Christian movement and group of charities and social enterprises working in 51 community hubs located in 11 countries across the world.
They create a new sense of neighbourhood in communities that had previously been forgotten by society and their community hubs enable people to come together and fulfil their potential.
They are also raising the educational bar through their academies. A family of 52 educational institutions serving over 28,000 students from a variety of backgrounds, the academies seek to close the educational gap that exists between disadvantaged students and their more privileged counterparts.
Our client is currently looking for an ICT Project Manager to join the ICT team, based at their Waterloo office in Lower Marsh.
- A salary of £37,650 - £41,601 per annum or £38,000 - £42,000 for candidates in London
- A strong continuous professional development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- A competitive pension scheme
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year (plus Bank Holidays) rising to 30 days after two years’ service
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT project manager to use their expertise to influence the future IT implementation and functions of a fantastic charitable organisation.
You will have the chance to put your own mark on projects whilst developing professionally and gaining further valuable experience.
Our client’s vision is for a community where everyone is included, making a contribution and reaching their true potential. Your role will help the organisation to achieve their ambitions by bringing new technologies into play, allowing teams to do more, quicker and deliver more help.
As the ICT Project Manager, you will take the lead on a range of IT projects to integrate new technology and improve our client’s IT estate.
Utilising a PRINCE2 methodology, you will play a vital role in the planning and execution of IT projects, managing those with the most sensitivity or complexity and providing advice and guidance for others.
This role will also involve:
- Negotiating with external organisations and funders
- Overseeing project requirements, including budgets, infrastructure, space and security
- Attending project board meetings, designer groups and site meetings
- Ensuring that all projects are accurately documented
As part of your role, you will be required to undertake a range of implementation projects during the school holidays, as such, leave allowance during these times will be restricted.
To be considered as an ICT Project Manager, you will need:
- At least three years’ experience of working in a project management environment
- Experience of the full end-to-end lifecycle project delivery
- Experience of delivering technology solutions for critical line business activities in the public or private sector
- The ability to plan, monitor and provide effective reporting on the progress of projects
- The ability to track and manage budget allocations, providing reports
- The ability to create and comment on technical documents
- A PRINCE2 practitioner or PMI qualification
- A degree level qualification (or equivalent industry qualifications)
- A ITIL Foundation certification
- A full, valid driving licence
Ideally, you will have a MCSE Microsoft certification and/or MSP Foundation or Practitioner certification, but this is not essential.
Proven knowledge of any of the following would also be beneficial; DPM, Exchange, Group Policy, Hyper-V, Server 2008, HP and/or Cisco, MS Project or the education/NGO sector.
Other organisations may call this role Project Manager, ICT Manager, ICT Support Manager, IT Programme Manager, IT Project Manager, Implementation Manager, IT Manager, or IT Systems Manager.
This is a full-time role, working 37 hours per week.
The closing date for applications is the 5th February 2020.
Our client is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from our client’s ethos. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. They expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
So, if you’re looking for your next inspiring role as an ICT Project Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.