£45000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Up to £45,000 per annum DOE Plus Excellent Benefits (see below)
Our client is a home for the arts in Wales, firing imaginations through world-class productions, developing emerging talent with pieces that are rooted in Welsh culture and igniting a passion for the arts in young people to drive the next generation of culture for Wales.
As part of a wider strategy to further digitally enhance our organisation, they are looking for an IT Manager to join their talented team and provide guidance and leadership to their IT Department.
As the IT Manager, you will:
- Ensure that our client’s systems, services and infrastructure work reliably and securely
- Enable the Helpdesk Team to deliver a great service across the organisation
- Recommend, plan and implement modifications to existing infrastructure and systems
- Directly support end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems
- Manage and co-ordinate the delivery of all IT-related projects
- Ensure our client works in line with governance and best practice, including accreditations like Cyber Essentials
To join our client as their IT Manager, you will need:
- Experience of working at a senior management level in IT, including people management experience
- Previous experience of managing or leading a technical IT support team
- A degree level education in IT or at least five years’ experience of directly supporting IT systems in a corporate environment
Experience of installing, supporting and troubleshooting the following is also essential:
- Microsoft desktop systems including Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 and 2012
- Microsoft Active Directory
- DNS and DHCP
- Virtualised Server and desktop environments using VMWare or Citrix Xen
- Physical and logical LAN and WAN networks
Experience of maintaining an IT budget would be beneficial, as would Welsh language skills, in addition to English.
Other organisations may call this role IT Support Manager, Helpdesk Team Manager, Technical Support Manager, IT Department Manager, Senior Technical Support Engineer, or Lead IT Support Engineer.
What are the rewards?
- Incredible benefits such as 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 8% and flexible working options
- Great perks including access to shows and tickets and access to Welsh language training
- Make an impact on a key function within our client’s organisation
- Be part of the organisation that drives the Welsh arts
- Benefit from our client’s Silver Investors in People accreditation
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as our client’s IT Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 39 hours per week