Senior Software Engineer
£40000 - £46000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior Software Engineer
Halifax, West Yorkshire
Salary: £40,000 - £46,000 + Extensive Benefits Package
SSP is a global provider of technology systems and solutions across the entire insurance industry. We provide core technology solutions, distribution and trading capability, advanced analytics and solution delivery.
Want to work with great people in modern offices and have the opportunity to progress and develop your career? Our team is growing, so we are on the lookout for a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our Specialist Business Units Team based in our Halifax office.
The purpose of the Senior Software Engineer will be:
To be an integral part of an Agile Software Team in a senior role, leading the contribution of code and artefacts in order to support delivery of secure quality software.
We'd like to meet a Senior Software Engineer with:
- Extensive .NET experience using Oracle/VB6 or SQL
- A real passion for providing quality code in a timely manner
- Experience in working in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to work proactively and independently
- Working knowledge of the insurance or finance industry, or experience of working with any SSP product would be highly regarded
The Senior Software Engineer's responsibilities include:
- Provide detailed advice and executes specialised tasks. The specialism can be any area of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application area.
- Investigate corporate data requirements, and apply data analysis, data modelling and quality assurance techniques, to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components. Provides advice and guidance to database designers and others using the data structures and associated components.
- Recommends/designs structures and tools for systems which meet business needs. Delivers technical visualisation of proposed applications for approval by customer and execution by system developers. Translates logical designs into physical designs and produces detailed design documentation. Maps work to user specification and removes errors and deviations from specification to achieve user-friendly processes.
- Designs, codes, tests, corrects and documents large and/or complex programs and program modifications from supplied specifications. Takes part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
- Liaises with clients/users to clarify details of requirements. Designs, creates and tests moderately complex, well-engineered information deliverables. Manages the configuration of documentation items and files, within own area of responsibility.
- Defines the integration build, accepts software modules from software developers, and produces software builds. Configures the hardware environment, produces integration test specifications, and conducts tests, recording details of any failures and carrying out fault diagnosis.
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
What's in it for you?
- A unique working environment where you'll be surrounded by passionate experts from a variety of backgrounds and industries
- The opportunity to be yourself
- A generous salary and matching pension scheme
- A clear, personal learning and development plan that provides the frameworks and development solutions to ensure everyone has the opportunity to maximise their performance and realise their potential
- Generous holiday allowance (25 days + Public Holidays), free parking and life assurance
- A wide range of flexible benefits such as experience days and gym memberships, to wellbeing benefits like healthcare cashback plans, and so much more
What are SSP's values?
We have a strong, clear vision - to be the leading provider of insurance technology software - and our values describe what makes SSP unique, and capture the SSP spirit that runs through everything we do.
Respect - Ownership - Collaboration - Innovation - Energy
A career with us:
SSP believes the most valuable asset for any business is the people it employs. It is crucial therefore to employ and invest in the best. At SSP, we believe that our diversity makes us stronger. As an equal opportunities employer, we celebrate and support everyone who works for us. We are committed to providing equal opportunities in our working practices and are proud of our inclusive culture.
It goes without saying that we do not discriminate on any basis. Instead we continue to actively promote equality and grow our diverse workforce for the benefit of our customers, products, our business and our people.
To apply for the role of Senior Software Engineer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Other organisations may call this role Lead Software Engineer, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Agile Software Engineer, .NET Developer, Software App Developer, Developer, or Programmer.