IT Systems Administrator - Leicester, East Midlands
To £43,000pa + Benefits
Microsoft Windows Desktop & Servers 2008/2012/2016, MS Office 365, Active Directory, LDAP, Virtualisation, VMware, LAN/WAN, Networks and Systems, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wi-Fi, Installations & Upgrades, Moves & Changes, Technical Troubleshooting.
The Systems Administrator (SA) is responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems, servers and networks. The primary task is to ensure continuous optimal performance of IT services and support systems in a multi-user computing environment.
As Systems Administrator you will be a senior member of the IT operations team, assisting in all aspects of operational IT and project delivery. This role will be a key, pivotal role and you will be the "eyes and ears" of the company's IT Infrastructure Systems and play a key part in its future development.
- You will need drive, ambition and a can-do attitude.
- You will be highly capable of working both independently and in a group member of this organisation.
- You must be able to prioritise, in a rational way, between multiple customer incidents or enquiries.
- You will require excellent documentation skills for customer incidents.
- You will develop and grow the IT infrastructure as the company growth increases.
Your key areas of expertise and responsibilities include:
- Proactively manage and maintain Microsoft Servers, Networks and Firewalls.
- Develop and execute implementation plans, risk assessments and contingency plans.
- Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting functions for a controlled environment.
- A solid understanding of LAN/WAN networking.
- Experience of Active Directory/LDAP user and group administration, Domain administration,
- Windows Operations, MS Office 365 as well as some VMware
- Co-ordination with technical aspects of desk relocations, electrical testing, disaster recovery testing, physical security systems
- Maintain and administer the office IT systems and equipment, printers, scanners etc
- Knowledge of Network Switches, Routers and Firewalls etc will be highly desirable
- Maintain the software licence register to ensure compliance between licences owned and used.
- Handle telephone enquiries in a professional and polite manner, taking accurate messages.
- Prepare correspondence on behalf of the IT Director, including the drafting of general replies.
- Deal with incoming/outgoing e-mails and post quickly and efficiently.
- Working as part of a team with other members of the Department.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
- Microsoft qualifications, MTA, MCSA and/or CCNA will be highly desirable
On this client-facing platform you will need a consultative DNA, a high-level of Service Ethic, and a "Customer is King" attitude.
Take this opportunity to rise above your peers and secure a role to elevate your IT career.