IT Helpdesk Technician
£18500 - £18500
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
IT Helpdesk Technician
Up to £18,500 Plus Great Benefits (see below)
Our client is a home for the arts in Wales, firing imaginations through world-class productions, developing emerging talent with pieces that are rooted in Welsh culture and igniting a passion for the arts in young people to drive the next generation of culture for Wales.
As part of a wider strategy to further digitally enhance the organisation, our client is now seeking an IT Helpdesk Technician to join them in Cardiff Bay.
As an IT Helpdesk Technician, you will be tasked with:
- Acting as the first point of contact for internal IT support queries
- Managing the IT Helpdesk as part of the IT Team
- Monitoring the helpdesk within business hours
- Responding to support requests and providing solutions and feedback
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues
- Performing basic remote troubleshooting
- Installing and configuring hardware
- Administering accounts for new starters and leavers
- Completing security patches, antivirus installations and PC updates
To be considered as an IT Helpdesk Technician, you will need:
- Experience of operating an IT Helpdesk system
- Experience of supporting and installing Microsoft desktop systems including Windows 10
- Experience of supporting users both face-to-face and remotely through telephone, email and instant messaging
- Experience of administering Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience of installing IT hardware and software in a corporate environment
- The ability to communicate clearly and professionally, tailoring language as appropriate to explain technical issues to a non-technical audience
A degree-level qualification (or an equivalent qualification) in a technical subject would be beneficial to your application. A Microsoft MCP qualification in a related discipline such as Windows or Windows Server would also be an advantage.
Welsh language skills, in addition to fluency in English, would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Helpdesk Technician, Support Technician, Desktop Support Technician, Junior IT Engineer, 1st Line Technician, or 1st Line Support Technician.
But what’s in it for you?
- Incredible benefits such as 25 days’ holiday (plus Bank Holidays), pension scheme with employer contribution of up to 8% and flexible working options
- Great perks including access to shows and tickets within our client’s venue and access to Welsh language training
- Be part of the organisation that drives the Welsh arts
- Enhance your IT career with superb training and development opportunities
- Benefit from our client’s Silver Investors in People accreditation
Webrecruit and our clients are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as an IT Helpdesk Technician, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.