Central London - £90,000 - £100,000 + Benefits
Reinsurance / Insurance (Life and Health), Global, Transformation, Cloud (Azure)
We have an exciting opportunity with one of our clients, a world leader in reinsurance. They stand for exceptional solution-based expertise, consistent risk management, financial stability and client proximity. It operates in all lines of insurance, with more than 42,000 employees throughout the world.
As a programme manager, you will play a leading role in delivering transformational projects and programs. You will also be a key member of the regional management team ensuring the project and program teams are setup for success and best practises are imported from the industry.
You will be accountable for all agile project and program level tasks such as relationship management with project sponsors and stakeholders; ensuring that the project is delivering expected results and quality. The Technical Program Manager is accountable for all agile project and program level tasks such as relationship management with project sponsors and stakeholders; ensuring that the project is delivering expected results and quality.
- Build strong relationships with various business and IT stakeholders and leaders globally to help roadmap a pipeline of projects and programs, to ensure projects and programs align to the region's business objectives.
- Plan resources and build the regional delivery team to be able to deliver all in-flight and pipeline initiatives.
- Lead cross functional project teams, often with global team members, with a unwavering focus on getting the job done with excellence.
- Manage vendors, contracts, payments and RFPs as necessary, for assigned projects.
- Actively manage, troubleshoot and resolve escalated items at a program or project level.
- Lead and co-ordinate all auxiliary team streams such as team real estate location, onboarding, HR interfaces, etc.
- Actively contribute to a highly motivated and high performing world-class team culture.
- Preparing and managing various project documents such as project charter, project plans, resourcing plans, financial plans, etc.
- Maintaining project reports (i.e. workload, budget) using the designated tools and processes.
- Monitoring of costs, timescales and resources used, and take action where these deviate from agreed tolerances.
- Identify, assess and manage risks to the success of the projects and programs.
- Tracking of activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate and report project status.
- Designing and implementing changes in the project (i.e. approach, scope, schedule).
- Co-ordination with global team members on other projects to share lessons learned.
- Able to escalate major issues in a timely manner.
- Able to manage and direct junior project resources, as required.
- Actively manage all resources on the project (internal and external) including attestation of time booked via timesheets.
- Diligently follow the internal project best-practices for agile documentation and project execution. Actively contribute ideas to improve agile methods and tools to improve project delivery
- World class execution abilities with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Technical experience and expertise in technology solution delivery. Insurance industry, cloud solutions and global organization experience are desirable.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Assertive, highly personable and professional.
- Ability to influence and build trust.
- Strategic thinking.
- Ability to build and lead world class teams and delegate tasks as appropriate.
- High attention to detail and quality of output.
- Willingness to travel within the region if required, and occasionally internationally.
Qualifications and Experience Requirements:
- Operating at a leadership level.
- Extensive experience in a project environment.
- Previous experience in Financial Services.
- Detailed technology understanding and experience.
- Strong leadership personality.
- Ability to build and nurture team culture.
- Comfort with bringing clarity to uncertain situations, or clarifying uncertain issues and risks
- Assertive and high level of personal commitment.
- Serious about success, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Dependable and able to work independently if required to ensure agreed outcome(s).
If you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to apply, please follow the link provided.