Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Job Title
Engineering Project Lead
Our client is a world leader in the research and development of cyber security. Our client develops secure communications devices and cryptographic equipment protecting such things as the worldwide internet, credit card transactions, military platforms and personnel. Our Hardware Security Module, is used to help secure the Internet DNS system, and also by many other commercial organisations such as Mastercard, Apple, Google, VeriSign and Shell. Ultra CIS have also developed, and continue to develop next generation cryptographic products for the UK MoD and export markets involving leading edge hardware, firmware and software. Our client prides itself on providing state of the art development tools, an excellent working environment and career development opportunities for employees in the very exciting cybersecurity domain.Location:
Can be based at Greenford or GloucesterJob purpose:
To lead a multi-disciplinary development team, delivering research, development and production projects.Key responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of one or more research and development projects or the development of one or more complex electronic products.
- Provide technical direction and exert technical influence, in conjunction with discipline leads and system architects, such that the optimal approach, architecture, design, and tool chain are selected.
- Supports the Project Management team in the planning and scheduling of their project and works with them to optimise the schedule logic.
- Oversee the development and design review process, ensuring that all deliverable's are of suitable quality and contractual milestones are met.
- Responsible for the engineering budget on the project and monitors & forecasts effort and cost to completion, in order to identify and address overspend or schedule slip.
- Significant experience and background in either:
- the design and delivery of complex electronic equipment, preferably for harsh environments
- research and development projects with significant System Engineering content.
- Excellent team building and management skills with the ability and experience of managing multi-disciplinary engineering teams.
- Experience of DOORS, UML and SysML would be advantageous.
- Excellent general written and verbal communications skills.
- Willing to undergo, and are able to achieve and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Every employee is critical to our success and as such we offer a range of flexible employee benefits along with career development opportunities for motivated and dedicated employees.
The Greenford office has an onsite restaurant and local transport links. In addition you will receive:
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- 4x your annual salary in life assurance
- Flexible benefits package (retail vouchers, gym discounts, employee share scheme, ability to buy or sell annual leave and more!)
- Pension Scheme
Manufacturing and Quality