Real Time Recruitment Solutions https://www.rtrs.co.uk Job title: Senior Systems Test Engineer
Department: Communication Systems
Reporting to: Systems Functional Lead
Location: Greenford, Middlesex
Working hours: 37 hours per week
Work type: Contract
Duration: 6 months +
Salary: £'s Competitive (Call to discuss) Role purpose
To contribute to System Test and Qualification activities; to ensure communications Systems products are verified and validated against the requirements of our customers and stakeholders. Scope
To participate in defining, planning, designing, documenting and performing the qualification of embedded systems. To perform as a member of the systems team constituting 15-30 systems and systems test engineers, within the Communication Systems Business Unit. To support the delivery of multiple concurrent research, development and production programmes supporting multi-discipline project teams working closely with Engineering Project Leads, ranging from tens of £k to several £m. Responsible for / Key responsibilities
- Responsible for verification and validation activities required to formally qualify complex systems as part of the V-model lifecycle.
- Authors documentation including system test plans, procedures, verification cross reference matrices and reports.
- Supports the maintenance of test equipment, can design special to type test equipment to meet the diverse requirements generated across multi-concurrent projects.
- Is responsible for the safe handling, configuration, use of, logging and security of systems under test and their component parts.
- Contributes to safety and security of the test environments including laboratories, able to build a business case to ensure that test environments are suitably available.
- Supports design reviews explains technically complex concepts clearly to less technical/involved parties. Creates and delivers presentations based on technical knowledge to Senior Management and Customers.
- Able to manage external test houses, i.e. organising EMC and TEMPEST qualification, assuring the appropriate handling and availability of equipment under test, developing test harnesses in collaboration with test houses.
- Has significant interaction with customers and other external bodies.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending applicable training courses; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; membership of professional organisations.
- Proposes improvements in tools and techniques that support innovation to increase the engineering organisations efficiency.
- Provides specialist knowledge and support to the wider engineering team.
- Mentors and coaches less Exp engineers; sharing knowledge willingly and constructively.
- Manages security of information as defined in the Security manual.
- Willing and able to obtain, and maintain, SC and/or DV security clearance.
Qualifications / skills required Essential:
- Is flexible to travel within the UK to support external stakeholders, test houses and customers.
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or have suitable industry Exp .
- Knowledge of Electronic Engineering or equivalent and Exp of Hardware Engineering.
- Ability to facilitate transition to automated Integration / Testing solutions
Knowledge of Agile Development, Test-Driven Development (TDD), Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) and similar techniques. Suitable for someone who
Has had Exp of testing embedded real time systems, potentially under a different engineering discipline such as a software developer or hardware electrical engineer. Is suited to someone who demonstrates motivation and enthusiasm for developing their skills. They are able to communicate with all levels within the business and have the ability to remain calm under pressure. Willing to embrace change and able to identify opportunities for continuous development. Competencies: Description of competency
Customer Focus Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
Functional / Technical Skills Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment.
Written / Verbal Communications Is able to communicate clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
Informing Provides the information people need to know to do their jobs and to feel good about being a member of the team, unit, and/or the organisation; provides individuals information so that they can make accurate decisions; is timely with information.
Listening Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out; can accurately restate the opinion of others even when he/she disagrees.
Negotiating Can negotiate skilfully in tough situations with both internal and external groups; can settle differences with minimum noise; can win concessions without damaging relationships; can be both direct and forceful as well as diplomatic; gains trust quickly of other parties to the negotiations; has a good sense of timing.
Timely Decision Making Makes decisions in a timely manner, sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure; able to make a quick decision.
Decision Quality Makes good decisions (without considering how much time it takes) based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, Knowledge , and judgment; most of his/her solutions and suggestions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.Urgent requirement: Send Cv for an immediate response.
Manufacturing and Quality