This is a fantastic opportunity to join a leading public sector organisation as an IT Service Manager based in Bristol
A leading public sector organisation looking for an IT Service Manager based in Bristol
The organisation is embarking on a period of change and transformation and as a result need an IT Service Manager to ensure service quality and integrity alongside a variety of projects including system implementations
- A key focus of the role will be to manage transition of new products and services into Live service
- IT Service Management - operating, managing & providing support (including technical support & Incident management) for one or more products or services.
- Transition Management - ensuring that new products and services are ready to be brought into live service and taking responsibility for ongoing lifecycle management of them.
- Responsible for leading the implementation of the service delivery strategy and the continual review and improvement of multi-domain services.
- Managing service delivery and ensuring issues are resolved within agreed standards
- Ownership, governance and management of services
- Ensuring that effective Service Management processes and activities are in place and being followed.
- Effective stakeholder management and communication to ensure all levels are engaged in IT Services, their use and improvement
- Contribute towards Service Design activities to ensure they are fit for purpose and take ownership of Service Transition activities
- Setup of effective OLAs and supplier SLAs and reporting of KPI's
- Manage and train team members
- Create and maintain a strategic direction for IT Services in line with organisational strategy
- Identify change impact, risk, priority, size, business value and delivery timescales, ensuring suitable resource levels and capability are in place to meet business needs.
- Ensuring quality of service in lien with release and deployment processes
- Undertake vendor management activities to review supplier performance against SLAs
- Act as an escalation point for incidents and problems that cannot be resolved through the standard support model.
- Ensure that all documentation associated to the IT Service is in place and regularly maintained
- Root cause investigation of major incidents
- Experience of IT service management across the service lifecycle (end-to-end)
- Demonstrable experience working with ITIL principles - certification preferable
- You will have good communication and organisational skills both verbally and in writing where you can adapt your delivery to suit a wide variety of audiences.
- You are someone who can gain rapport quickly and build effective working relationships..
- Strong experience of delivery and operation / Service design / Service level management
- Seeing the Big Picture
- Communicating and Influencing
- Managing a Quality Service
£45,000 - £50,000 based on experience + great benefits