Guide and Advise our Customers on Automation Strategies
To guide our customers in manufacturing sectors, utilities and equipment building, Novotek offers deep expertise in selecting and deploying modern controls, SCADA and surrounding technology. We're looking to add seasoned automation professionals to our team, so we can offer the best advice possible, and to be able to prove the capabilities of our solutions through demonstratons, proof-of-concept deployments and engagements in support of customer teams and systems integrators.
We're looking for people who can establish themselves as an extension of our customers' automation and OT teams, by demonstrating deep technical knowledge and creative application of modern technologies at the machine, line and site levels.
Your Goals & Responsibilities
- Establish detailed knowledge of customer automation footprints, and their ongoing needs for investment and support
- Work with our sales team to design, validate and present automation solutions for greenfield and upgrade scenarios
- Support sales and marketing efforts by building and delivering demonstration solutions for key customers and markets
- Effectively communicate different aspects of automation value propositions to a mix of customer roles, including non-technical people
- Evangelise our key partners' (GE Digital, Emerson Machine Control) products to customer technical teams and influencers
- Provide support and consultative services to systems integration partners that work with Emerson and GE technologies
- Teach and train customers and partners on best practices in the configuration and deployment of the solutions we offer
What We Offer
- Flexibility - this role will work across our entire territory, so the successful candidate may be home-based if not located near one of our offices
- A place in a team that works together to create shared opportunities and shared success
- Competitive salary and incentive scheme
- Ongoing professional development, including opportunities to develop new technology skills and domain expertise
- Ongoing personal development including opportunities to career options in different roles as Novotek grows
- Bachelor's Degree in science, engineering, technology or related discipline or equivalent industrial experience such as a minimum of three years' experience within a hands-on automation role
- 5-7 years' experience delivering projects, or other substantial hands-on experience with PLC or other automation controllers, including HMI, within industrial environments. This should include all aspects from customer requirements gathering, initial system design, implementation, testing, commissioning through to on-going support. Ideally this will include work developing and troubleshooting SCADA systems.
- Ideal candidates will have substantial experience with one or more of: PACSystems lines such as RX3i (GE/Emerson); legacy GE PLC platforms such as Series 90; iFIX; or CIMPLICITY.
- The ability to program in at least one IEC 1131 language
- Practical experience with industrial networking,
- Practical experience implementing OPC and other communications, solutions between PLC and higher level systems, including OPC UA
- Exposure to relevant automation standards such as ISA 88, ISA 101 (HMI), ISA 18.2 (Alarm Management), ISA 62443 (Security) and IEC 1131.
- Experience of any of the following would be beneficial:
o Machine safety
o Device level networks
o Motion control solutions
o High availability architectures