|Listed on:||14th January|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Looking for a systems architect with data services and data platforms knowledge to review our current systems architecture. The bespoke system that has been developed in house and is approaching 10 years old, therefore it is in need of a review.
The client is a national regulator.
The details of the role are as follows
- Currently using xxxxx (their own Bespoke system) - They must have this reviewed and assessed against modern technology - Initially 3 months study, then writing a report - Will be working closely with the Head of IT and Head of Data
- Current system is 10 years old - collects and assesses data
- A lot of technical analysis. At the moment this is done in Excel with the bespoke system as the Data Store/Reporting tool. The data is growing in size and complexity and the bespoke system can no longer cope.
- A data science function is being built alongside this. Will be using Python and Power BI, trying to move away from the excel world. - The current system will not be able to process the Python models. The architect must demonstrate the inefficiencies to the stakeholders.
- Need someone who has a strong understanding of high level data architecture and an understanding of what types of tools must be used and how the data can be manipulated. - Understanding the modern opensource data processing is essential. Hadoop, Containerisation, Docker - Will be working very closely with the Head of Data Engineering.
- Probably to be hosted on Azure however this is not set in stone. At the moment everything has a Java Foundation. - We know that this will be bespoke, must evaluate other regulators too - This is a critical assessment of what the organisation has in place
- Excellent communication is essential - Big Data, not in size but in the complexity - Would like a data hub, run this through the data scientists and send out to the end client/customer - Cloud development and new data tools, Hadoop etc - Mongo DB - Wide Colum Stores - Graft databases
- The target architecture will be done in a phased approach
The successful candidate will be excellent managing stakeholders as well as understanding complex data. A solid understanding and proven execution of high level data architecture is essential.
The candidate will be working on an interesting project, being a key person in deciding the organisations future.