Sourcing / Supply Chain Specialist
Based in Rugby, UK with travel to Manchester and Sheffield
Up to £30 per hour
The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and managing a supply chain and ensuring that components are delivered according to Quality, Cost and Time as per the project needs.
- Lead the development and execution of client supply chain & supplier agreements
- Support NPI (new product introduction) and develop a long-term supply chain for the business
- Negotiate terms and conditions, manage claims and vendor recovery
- Order fulfilment tasks to ensure material on time delivery, PO placement and Invoice management
- Co-ordinate supplier and product qualification together with Quality, Engineering and R&D
- Review supplier performance (schedule, CoQ, Manufacturing, Quality) to identify risks to the program and develop appropriate mitigation plans
- Drive supplier selection, development, and overall supplier management excellence
- Develop alternate sources and/or risk mitigation plans for single & sole source suppliers
- Identify and deliver value-adding opportunities from the supply chain
- Manage and improve supplier relationship and demonstrate the ability to communicate problems and present solutions with internal and external customers at senior levels
- Bachelor's degree, engineering/business discipline or equivalent knowledge & experience
- Demonstrable years of sourcing and procurement experience with in-depth experience in high-value and complex projects.
- Strong negotiation and contract management skills, with excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Self-starter with drive, able to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment
- Motivation, Teamwork is essential, trust, credibility and capability to communicate effectively at all levels internally and externally is essential
- The job is working on a high-profile contract that is currently late to schedule.
- Pressure to deliver in many work streams - person needs to be resilient and professional under pressure.
- The supply chain is stretched from the client to all sub tier suppliers.
- The delivery requirement is managing a small number of key suppliers and ensuring that they deliver to the timing schedule.
- Navigating through the respective quality / production gateways to first piece qualification.
- The role is project based, small volume, high value items.
Desired Characteristics to be considered:
- Experience within the defence or power industry related products.
- Management of high value bespoke manufactured components, including assemblies.
- Main Suppliers are UK based, must be able to travel on a weekly basis.
- Project Management Skills, Schedule Management a must.
- Quality, Supplier Quality experience would be beneficial.
- Interpersonal skills, managing people and situations including contract issues.
- Proactive and pragmatic in their approach to managing the supplier (s)
- Able to adapt and work quickly to project situations.
- Be able to manage various workstreams at the same time.
- Development of measurement metrics to measure their small group of suppliers.
- Experience on SAP, Microsoft packages including MS Project.
Please submit your CV in the first instance.