Trainee DevOps Engineer
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Do you want to join a team that provides outstanding leadership, strategic direction and support to some of the best nursery providers in this country and worldwide?
This software company is looking to recruit a Trainee DevOps Engineer to join their busy development team.
What their staff say:
"It's small enough here, that I feel like I can make a difference. Most developers work on tedious business software, or highly technical things, so it's nice to work on a product that people can relate to and can improve people's lives. My previous role felt like a dead end job. Here I started in support and moved into development. I've learned a great deal in my time with this company."
Essential Requirements and Experience:
- Experience of MS SQL Server, Backup/Restore and basic Scripting in Powershell, Bash or Python (Desirable)
- Windows/MAC OS and .NET Frameworks installation and configuration skills
- Exposure to networking and network troubleshooting
- Knowledge of comms configuration and troubleshooting
- Good communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience of service desk processes
- ITIL Service Management Certification (or interest in gaining)
- Upgrade customers to the latest releases of their software
- Maintain software deployment tools and technologies
- Deployment of latest application, route to live environment
- Scheduling and prioritising tasks appropriately
- Set up local customer installations
- Responsible for providing backups to the Support Team to help resolve queries
- The testing and running of SQL scripts
- Migration of data into customers databases
- Troubleshoot customer issues with regards to connectivity and communications.
- Manage queries/tickets promptly and offer solutions within agreed timeframes
- Responsible for keeping technical documentation up to date
- Escalate issues for technical support as required
What they offer:
- 24 annual holidays plus 8 statutory bank days
- 1 additional holiday for your birthday
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free Parking; free drinks and fruit, cycle to work scheme, flu vouchers, Bupa cash plan.
- Two organised events per year, lunch provided once a month and free onsite gym.
Get the Recruitment Genius Advantage today. As the UK's largest online recruitment advertising company placing more candidates than anyone else.