Our client, a leading outsourcing company require an experienced Oracle DBA for an initial 3 month contract based in Chorley.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Designs database activity and file usage, and ensures necessary resources are present. Determines data to be collected and analyses information as appropriate.
- Builds for operations to ensure high quality performance of databases post implementation by considering informational needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, proposed manipulation, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities for more complex databases. Recommends and implements tuning opportunities to improve system response and run times.
- Defines logical attributes and data inter-relationships and designs complex data structures to accommodate database production implementation, storage, maintenance and accessibility to enhance performance.
- Optimises database accessibility by developing load balancing architectures and processes to eliminate down time for backup processes. Implements automation to limit database accessibility based upon information security level and ensures data spillage from more secure to less secure databases does not occur.
- Implements database security regulations, policies, and guidelines. Proactively monitors security bulletins to obtain information of potential threats for consideration in new services
- Plans and installs first-of-type upgrades of database management systems (DBMS) software as necessary to enhance database performance. Researches various hardware and software products; recommends solution and implements approved products.
- Six or more years of experience in database design or maintenance
- Experience working with computer hardware and software installation/upgrading procedures
- Experience working with database and system maintenance procedures
- Experience working with database creation techniques and database management systems (DBMS) features
- Experience working with database performance tuning
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
Contact Name: Charlotte Edwards
Job ID: 2780925