Change Manager - Mergers & Acquisitions
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
What we are looking for
Using a Merger and Acquisition (M&A) Integration framework designed by our team, Enterprise Change is leading delivery of full or partial integration or divestment of the business. Enterprise Change is looking to increase its capacity, skillset and experience in this area and gain additional support to drive multiple projects.
You will support and work with various domain change teams to plan and execute integration or divestment. You will have a background in Wealth or Investment management with experience in M&A Integration. You will have experience of working in an Agile environment and will be involved in working on exciting global acquisitions that have real business impact.
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focused role.
Group Change designs and delivers solutions to enterprise level challenges. It consists of four capability teams: Business Consulting and Architecture, Lean and Agile Operational Excellence, Enterprise Change and the Group Change Practice COE. Enterprise Change delivers large, complex solutions that impact more than one function. There are two specialisms - programmes and merger & acquisition integration. Schroders SAFe Agile is the standard for change delivery in the team.
What you'll do
• Influencing the approach and agenda for the M&A Integration project through best practice input, subject-matter expertise and experience and the injection of innovative ideas and ways of thinking
• Apply Schroders M&A Framework, SAFe Agile methodology, standards and behaviour to all work
• Ensure project delivery teams (technology, data services and business units) are meeting planned delivery objectives: - time; quality; budget
• Manage Risks, Assumptions, Issues, Dependencies
• Develop effective relationships across the business and the wider change management community
• Challenging conventional wisdom and freely expressing their own opinion
• Provide subject matter expertise and recommend appropriately pragmatic approaches/solutions.
• Maintain relationships with vendors and other parties and ensuring alignment with technology teams where necessary
• Understanding the needs of our clients and the business and tailoring the approach accordingly
The knowledge and experience that will help
• Strong understanding of the Wealth Management industry required
• Strong knowledge of project management and change management
• Understanding of business change management skills and best practice, gained through experience of working enterprise change or consultancy teams
• Experience of business process and technology change
• Experience of M&A Integration project or project management experience in a large programme
• An expert understanding of change management disciplines, processes and tools, including:
• Experience of each of the key stages of change delivery
• Planning and progress tracking mechanisms
• Effective means of monitoring and managing issues, risks and dependencies
• Strong reporting skills
• Managing stakeholders
• Ability to prioritise and manage own activities in the best interests of the organisation
• Builds trusting relationships with stakeholders at all levels
• Able to build consensus and influence outcomes, including adapting communication style to suit audience
• Collaborative team player who will want to succeed as part of a high performing team
• Strong communication skills, experience managing relationships with senior stakeholders
• Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
• Experience of working with global colleagues and stakeholders and sensitivity to cultural differences and time zones
• Logical, structured thought processes and good problem solving skills
• Good relationship management skills - able to engage with and gain confidence of others and maximise their contribution to the process
• Strong communication skills - written, pictorial, presentational and verbal at all levels within the organisation
• Able to demonstrate initiative
• Focus on quality
• Experience of Agile working practices
The knowledge and experience you will need
Financial Services experience ideally investment management, in one or more of the following areas:
• M&A Integration (preferable)
• Front Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains (desirable)
• Middle and Back Office processes as they apply to Equity, Fixed Income and Multi Asset business domains
• Distribution, marketing, web, collaboration and CRM
• Corporate functions required to support the running of an Asset Management organisation: Risk, Finance, Procurement, HR, Legal and Compliance
What you will be like
• Can develop new ideas and approaches that impact on existing methods, policies and approaches.
• Self starter who is ready to own responsibility for coordinating and planning the objectives and activities.
• A technical minded person with a desire to keep abreast of ever changing Asset Management and technology industries.
• Confident enough to be able to challenge business ideas where they do meet stated objectives
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.
Note to agencies
Schroders does not accept speculative CV's from agencies. We do have a PSL who are invited to support us when required. We only pay fees to agencies instructed to send CV's and are submitted through our recruitment portal. We do not pay fees on speculative or unsolicited CV's sent to Schroders or Schroders employees and reserve the right to contact unsolicited CV's directly.