|Listed on:||9th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £35,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
I am currently seeking a Support Specialist to join a leading and much admired organisation based in Keynsham. This is a fantastic opportunity to enhance your skills and join a friendly and welcoming team.
The role is diverse and no day will be the same offering lots of variety. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of experience including 2nd Line Support and some software development. Our client appreciates that some may not have both of these skills so you may be stronger on support that you are on development or vice-versa.
The role is broken down roughly in the following format:-
* Software Development - 30%
* 2nd Line Support - 30/40%
* Project Works - 20%
* 3rd Party Management - 10%
Knowledge & Experience:
* Experience of Windows Server administration - Essential
* Experience of relational database management systems
* Experience of coding software development, preferably: C#/ SQL - Essential (all levels welcome)**
* Knowledge of IFS, VMWare, Veeam, Oracle, BitDefender, Avaya, Filemaker & Audio Visual
* Experience of managing internal and external support
* Experience of system enhancements, building business cases & getting approval
* Experience of networking (firewalls, switches, VPNs, Active Directory)
**Please note that the coding experience required does not have to be at a proficient level; you will be editing scripts where required and more extensive works will be looked after by a 3rd party supplier.
* Escalating system issues to suppliers for resolution
* Day to day contact with business system suppliers ensuring that agreed activity is taking place
* Escalation of supplier issues
* Providing direct second line support for business systems key users and first line support when key users are unavailable
* Raising support cases with suppliers where they cannot be resolved at the second line
* Identify any support trends and develop solutions to recurring issues
* Provide upskilling training as appropriate
* To make full use of available systems & technology
* Identify with stakeholders' opportunities for development of the business systems that will improve efficiency
* Scope the opportunities to create a clear development brief & determine a business case (cost / benefit)
* To code developments within skillset
* To manage suppliers for developments that are agreed to be outsourced
There are some attractive benefits included with this role such as a wellbeing and development fund, free nourishing lunches weekly, flexible working options, on-site parking and lots of development opportunities.
If you would be interested then please do apply with your updated CV and I will aim to call successful candidates back within 24 hours. If you would like to find out more then please do email me @
Thanks for taking the time to read this advert.