Senior Java Software Engineer - AWS - Perm / Contract
Our client, a leading Financial Services organisation based in East London are looking for multiple Java Software Engineers and the primary focus will be development of core integration microservices and maintenance of various Data Fabric Services
Role & Responsibilities
- Drive the introduction of technical and process innovation for greater system performance or resilience, lower cost of operation or improved solution design and delivery.
- Participating in the creation of great backend systems and content management services, serving our company's software platforms that operate in high capacity and high quality.
- Take part in building reusable code adhering to microservice architecture, to support the technological core and libraries of the company's web products and applications to ensure its future use and maximum optimization, including speed and scalability.
- Review and validate deliverables and proposals from third party suppliers to ensure quality, standards and business requirements are met.
- Operate a Devops culture to ensure end-end ownership of the products and services.
- Provide out of Hours support capability where required
- Support third party integrations for the company's various technological developments.
- Collaborate with all development teams to improve code and the company's software solutions.
- Write clean code to develop functional Services for the Ladbrokes Coral web and server products and address technical and design requirements.
- Interface with various storage solutions ensuring high performance and fast delivery of data.
- Code and deliver Application Program Interfaces to serve various technological frontend and backend needs.
- Participate in troubleshooting issues and propose solutions, work with the Development Operations team and the Quality Assurance personnel on debugging applications.
- Manage cutting-edge technologies, upgrade and maintain legacy applications.
Skills & Qualifications
- 5+ years of development experience including 3+ years of Java development experience.
- Working experience of Agile software delivery within dynamic corporate environments.
- Experience/knowledge of the betting industry - an advantage.
- Self and fast learner.
Experience/Technical knowledge in the following products/technologies would be highly desirable:
- Spring Framework
- JAVA version 8 or more
- AWS EC2
- Node.js , React.js
- ElasticSearch SQL and no-SQL Database
- Apache Camel
- Apache KAFKA
- REST, SOAP
- JSON, XML, protobuf
If you would like to find out more about this lucrative opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me.