DevOps Engineer - Warrington
£60,000 - £60,000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior DevOps Platform Engineer
Up to £60000 per annum plus a 20% bonus and excellent benefits.
The business offers a flexible working environment with a day from home, flexible start/end times, on site free parking and an office location easily accessible from the motorway from Warrington, Manchester, Liverpool, Bolton, Preston, Chester, Wigan etc.
We are looking for an experienced Platform Engineer to assist in rolling out and supporting the business journey to Continuous Integration and Automation. They are building a new team of Engineers that will be responsible for the design, build and maintenance of the business applications hosting platform, with a move to a hybrid on-prem / Azure cloud model.
This is a hands-on role where you will work collaboratively with the development and infrastructure teams to help build, automate and manage the application hosting platform along with building and maintaining tools for deployment, monitoring and operations, and troubleshoot issues in the dev and test environments.
* Work within the team of DevOps Engineers focused primarily on delivering technical solutions for improving the overall quality of application build, deployments, monitoring and alerting, with emphasis on resilience, stability, scalability and security across our lab environments
* Operate a scalable, highly-available infrastructure suite through the use of configuration management tools and repositories, ensure these environments continue to meet the needs of the development and test teams
* Support the set up all team environments, source structures etc. during project start up
* Ensure that the teams design for deployment, passionately working towards automation and elimination of repetitive tasks, bringing your experience in modern tools to help support development teams deliver more effectively
* Work with Architect and Tech Lead on the adoption of new technologies in to the estate, ensuring that these are shared with other areas and that they align with standards etc.
* To support the team in identifying issues with code / deliverables
* Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and operational/support procedures
* Help the Run teams embrace the new ways of working, using toolsets and monitoring / dashboard facilities, so they know where their estate is at all times Maintain quality documentation of infrastructure and operational/support procedures
* An ever-developing knowledge of and interest in technology, particularly DevOps and infrastructure advances
* Strong experience with Azure, with a focus on infrastructure provisioning and management
* Good understanding of provisioning and configuration systems e.g. Ansible, Puppet, Terraform
* Strong experience of automated deployment tools e.g. Octopus Deploy, Azure DevOps
* Good understanding of Continuous Integration technologies and approach e.g. TeamCity, Azure DevOps
* Good understanding of Source Control systems e.g. BitBucket, Git
* Experience with VMWare
* Strong Microsoft Skillset e.g. Server 2008-2016, SQL Server, Active Directory
* Good scripting skills e.g. PowerShell, Python
* Good understanding of databases
* Agile/Scrum working experience
infrastructure, build, platform, devops, engineer, manchester, warrington, lancashire