Are you someone who is interested in having your work impact millions of lives and also have fun while doing it ? If yes, come help us build the bank of the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is changing. We're rapidly transforming into a digitally-led business on a massive scale in order to better serve our customers. We're already the largest provider of digital banking products in the UK, with over 12 million active online customers and nearly 8 million active mobile banking customers. It means a big opportunity for you to be part of ground-breaking transformation and it means there's never been a more exciting time to join.
With our breadth, reach and diversity, we can offer excellent opportunities for career growth and development. You get plenty of support but it's about taking the initiative, building relationships and making it happen. Do this and you can help us make a positive difference to our customers, our colleagues and our communities.
What you will do:
- You will lead the design, build and run of our strategic microservices platform.
- You will work with stakeholders to deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles.
- You will drive strategic system and process improvements, interventions and upgrades where relevant.
- You have a passion to coach other DevOps engineers and ensure the appropriate development is in place and support through Chapter construct.
- You will support and drive where necessary on key technical architecture decisions.
- Lead and support other DevOps engineers in improving the overall quality of product build, deployments, monitoring and alerting.
- Implement a pragmatic CI / CD strategy to incorporate the entire product development life cycle. Setup the pipeline to build and release our cloud hosted containerised microservices as well as help in adapting legacy systems to benefit from DevOps practices.
- You are able to prioritize technical debt and value delivery keeping both tactical and strategic challenges in mind.
- You will foster knowledge sharing and collaboration across wider engineering community.
- You are comfortable educating both technical and non-technical colleagues about DevOps topics and articulate reasoning behind key technical decisions.
- You are able to discover and use emerging technology to benefit the bank.
- Acts as a role model promoting DevOps culture and practices.
What we are looking for:
- Strong DevOps/SRE background and deep knowledge of agile development practices, automated builds, code quality metrics etc. You appreciate and acknowledge the impact of system design decisions on scalability, resilience and supportability.
- A background of technical leadership and experience in setting the strategic direction.
- Experience across the entire software development life-cycle from design, through build to production and monitoring.
- You are well versed with continuous integration/continuous delivery and understand how to get to continuous deployments. You have knowledge of multiple deployment and release methods like Canary, Blue/Green, A/B etc
- You are fluent in at least one one scripting language like Python or Ruby and experienced with Infrastructure As Code using Terraform Or Chef Or Ansible. *Strong experience with Docker containers and production experience with container orchestration tools like Kubernetes or Rancher.
- Production experience with monitoring and logging tools like Splunk, Urbancode, Appdynamics, Prometheus, DataDog, PagerDuty and secrets management tools like Vault, CyberArk.
- Experience working in a cloud environment with ephemeral infrastructure.
- Experience working with multiple cloud providers like Azure, GCP etc
- You appreciate that DevOps is more to do with culture than tools and technologies.