Salary: £24,000 - £32,000 P.A
About the PRI
The PRI is the world's leading proponent of responsible investment. It works to understand the investment implications of environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and to support its international network of investor signatories in incorporating these factors into their investment and ownership decisions. The PRI acts in the long-term interests of its signatories, of the financial markets and economies in which they operate and ultimately of the environment and society as a whole. The PRI is truly independent. It encourages investors to use responsible investment to enhance returns and better manage risks but does not operate for its own profit; it engages with global policymakers but is not associated with any government; it is supported by, but not part of, the United Nations.
Working at the PRI provides an opportunity to engage with highly motivated, culturally diverse professionals on a wide range of cutting edge issues, such as income inequality through the lens of sustainable finance. The PRI provides scope for development at all levels with opportunities for project leadership and management working alongside some of the most influential signatories and leaders across financial markets and economies. In combination with a supportive culture that encourages continuous learning and flexible working policies, PRI is a highly engaging place to work on truly transformative issues.
This role will be supporting the Head of Reporting Platforms & Assessment to maintain and improve the survey and analytics tools used by signatories who are disclosing their responsible investment activities each year to the PRI. The Reporting Platforms and Assessment team develops and maintains the online reporting tool, and delivers response, assessment, and feedback data outputs. The role reports to the Head of Reporting Platforms & Assessment. Full details on R&A activities can be found at: https://www.unpri.org/reporting.
- Organising stakeholder meetings to collect and document the business needs (user journeys, technical requirements, acceptance criteria)
- Identifying technical solutions, new features and communicating them to a team of external developers
- Providing feedback and recommendations to developers on software usability and functionality
- Help design, document and maintain business and system processes and procedures (platform user and technical documentation)
- Improve business processes by studying current practices and designing modifications
PRI expects roles at a ‘Associate level' within the organisation to demonstrate skills across the following core competencies:
- Incorporates the fullest range of information available into analysis and decision making
- Uses appropriate technical processes/systems to develop and evaluate options in an effective and time-efficient manner
- Assimilates data to draws out relevant insights and findings from analyses
- Identifies opportunities and risks to feed into decision making
- Presents analyses in an appropriate format providing clear and concise recommendations
- Understands, and always works towards, the mission and the aims of the PRI
- Is curious about what is happening in other parts of the PRI
- Is Signatory centric - seeks to understand, listen and respond to Signatory needs
- Understands own teams' objectives and seeks to internalise them in own activities
- Understands who does what at the PRI and uses the knowledge to complete activities
- Approachable, credible and willing whenever engaging with colleagues
- Actively and appropriately seeks input from others
- Focuses on interacting with colleagues in an positive and open manner
- Listens to what colleagues are saying, considers from different perspectives and tailor's responses accordingly
- Writes succinctly and clearly tailoring level of detail to the requirements of the end user
- Communicates clearly and precisely and able to convey thinking comprehensively
- Provides regular, clear and concise communications to manager, colleagues or other relevant people to keep updated on activities
- Structures and prepares well-written, logical outputs with limited guidance and editing
- Demonstrates self-awareness: actively seeks feedback from others and acts upon it
- Explores new ideas with an inquisitive mind
- Questions the status quo and suggests new ideas
- Seeks out opportunities to drive continuous improvements in ways of working
- Open-minded attitude which welcomes change and new ideas
- Prioritises and organises time effectively, focussing on the key organisational priorities
- Develops ways of working and processes to execute and improve efficiency across the PRI
- Methodically tackles problems, working with colleagues where necessary
- Takes account of the needs of other colleagues and/or Signatories when considering how to execute a piece of work
- Promotes and utilises effective project management skills
Technical Competencies & Experience:
- Experience in a Business Analyst or similar role is useful, e.g. supporting software or product development
- IT/system skills: it is advantageous to have knowledge of Excel, SQL, Python, R, Power BI, etc.
- Keen interest in software development methodologies like Agile
- Willingness to learn about business systems and processes
- Able to write end user documentation
- You will be passionate in developing "product"; looking to solve problems through good product design and features.
- You will be a bridge-builder and able to manage multiple stakeholders and communicate with both technical and non-technical users.
Contact Name: Principles for Responsible Investment
Job ID: 2779181