£35000 - £40000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Senior IT Systems Engineer c£40k pa (Microsoft, AD, VMware and Hyper-V, Office 365, MCSE)Salary: up to £40,000 dependant on experience
Job Type: Permanent
* To provide and support information technology services for all divisions of the group:
* To support the business objectives of all divisions of the group through specification, installation, maintenance and support of IT software, hardware and communication systems;
* To support and protect the business in all divisions of the group through adherence to group information security policies and through identification and escalation of information security risks;
* To deputize for the IT Manager in his absence and assist in training IT team members as required.
An award winning marketing agency that has expanded exponentially is now recruiting a Senior Systems Engineer to join their Infrastructure team.Roles and Responsibilities:
* Provision of support to clients both internal and external (3rd line support);
* Management of the physical and virtualised infrastructure VMware and Hyper-V;
* Installation, configuration and maintenance of computer servers, workstations and peripherals;
* Configuration and maintenance of networks switches, routers and firewalls;
* Administration of Windows AD domains including backing up of data, maintaining user accounts, etc;
* Configuration and support of back office systems including Server OSs, SQL Server, IIS, Firewalls etc.
* Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
* Create and verify system backups for all servers
* Work closely with departmental managers to determine future network needs and plan for network changes adherence to company change control procedures;
* Creation and maintenance of system documentation;
* Problem management and escalation;
* Configuration, monitoring and maintenance of anti-virus systems;
* Evaluation of equipment, software and systems;
* Recommendation and implementation of enhancements to systems;
* Assisting in process improvement to reduce the cost of quality and to increase efficiency and client satisfaction;
* Responding to out-of-hours calls for assistance, attending on-site if necessary;
* Assisting the IT Manager with staff training and supervising and scheduling work in his absence or when otherwise required.
Other duties include:
* Configuration of e-mail on mobile devices and MDM solution;
* Support of corporate telephony and call centre systems;Skills:
* MCSE 2012/2016
* Solid experience solving server/infrastructure issue
* Good understanding/knowledge of Incident and Problem Management
* Good Understanding of VMWare.
* Deep experience with Active Directory
* Experience of cloud services AWS and Azure
* Experience -Office 2013 - Office 2016 and Office 365
* A good understanding of networking principles, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN and IP routing.To apply, please forward your CV along with your salary expectations and notice period or call 0121 2372665.