Our client, a leading corporate financial services company require an experienced Web Developer (C#/ASP.NET (MVC, Web Forms, Web API) for an initial 6 month contract based in Milton Keynes.
You will join a team of experienced software developers responsible for the technical design and development of new web based solutions and the modification and enhancement of existing web based systems ensuring adherence to coding standards and best practices.
SKILLS & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED
- NET (MVC, Web Forms, Web API)
- PL/SQL or equivalent
- A firm understanding of object-oriented programming, SOLID design principles and their importance in delivering quality software.
- Understanding of API design.
- Understanding of TDD, BDD and automated testing.
- Exposure to TeamCity or another continuous integration tool.
- Experience of working within an Agile (SCRUM, LEAN/KANBAN, XP) environment.
- Experience of working with Fluent NHibernate, Entity Framework or another ORM.
- Passionate about software engineering.
- Ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical people, have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritise, self-manage and to work effectively with others.
- Understands the importance of team dynamics and helps to unify ideas and opinions - both within the team and the wider organisation.
- Azure experience.
- Experience of working with Oracle.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation.
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design.
- Previous experience in Financial Services, Automotive Finance or retail consumer finance (B2C).
- Verbal and written German language skills are advantageous
Suitable candidates should submit their CV in the first instance.
Contact Name: Charlotte Edwards
Job ID: 2778133