|Listed on:||7th January|
|Salary/Rate:||£30,000 - £30,000|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Capenhurst, Chester, Cheshire
If you are an experienced engineering professional looking for a fresh, new challenge, this is a superb opportunity to drive the global sales of a leader in power innovation.
EA Technology is an established company that provides high quality products and services to power networks across the globe. We are recognised as a world-leading expert in our field, enabling our customers to manage their electricity networks more efficiently, with fewer failures and outages, greater safety and lower costs.
We are now looking for a Bid Manager to join us and support us in winning bids with customers from the energy, utilities, infrastructure and industrial sectors.
- Salary of £30,000 per annum
- Healthcare benefits, including private medical insurance and an occupational health clinic
- Life assurance
- On-site parking
- Income protection and critical illness insurance
- Flexible working arrangements
- Voluntary benefits scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Long service awards
- Make your impact on a successful company’s image
- Group-wide subsidised annual Christmas party
This is an exciting opportunity to move into the fast-paced world of commercial tendering and utilise your engineering expertise to make a real impact on our business.
As an Investors in People Gold accredited company, we provide the ideal environment in which to take your career to new heights. You’ll work at the cutting-edge of the industry alongside colleagues with unrivalled experience, allowing you to increase your knowledge in new areas.
So, if you want to join an expanding global enterprise that offers great benefits, a promote-from-within policy and international career opportunities, we want to hear from you.
As the Bid Manager, you will develop compelling technical quotes, proposals and tender submissions to support our global sales efforts.
Working closely with the Sales Office Manager, you will develop the bid strategy and manage communications with all internal and external stakeholders.
Additionally, you will:
- Identify the technical requirements for each bid
- Own the technical response for Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ), bids and tenders
- Determine bid expectations and meet agreed deadlines
- Identify ways to continuously raise the quality of bids to increase our bid win ratio
To join us as a Bid Manager, you will need:
- Significant experience as an engineer
- An understanding of the electricity industry
- At a minimum, an HNC (or equivalent) in electrical engineering or similar
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- A target-driven approach
Knowledge of industrial sector bid requirements would be beneficial, as would experience of DNOs, PNOs, and oil and gas. Experience of commercial tendering would also be an advantage.
We would like to hear from you if you’ve previously worked as an Engineer, Electrical Engineer, or Sales Engineer.
Other organisations may call this role Tender Manager, Technical Bid Manager, Bid & Tender Manager, Proposals Manager, or Technical Sales Manager.
The closing date for applications is the 6th February 2020.
Webrecruit and EA Technology Ltd are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Bid Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.