Our vision at Lloyds Banking Group is to become the best bank for our customers. Within the Insurance & Wealth IT transformation division, the Financial Planning & Retirement Lab has ambitious plans to significantly grow our engineering teams in 2020 and 2021.
We're focused on supporting our customers throughout their financial lives, helping empower them to make the right decisions on their long-term Saving, Investment & Retirement needs.
You'll be joining our team at an exciting time where we're transforming how we do work to an Agile, customer centric approach, offering an excellent opportunity to bring creativity and innovation to the table.
Want to know more?
The products and services we build for our customers are high quality, safe and reliable and remain so into the future. Our IT Service Engineers are key to mentoring our agile labs to think forward and support for stability, reliability and recoverability from the outset to embed a Service-First culture.
A challenging but rewarding role, you'll join the IT service team who live and breathe service and champion the availability of IT service for our customers and colleagues.
So what would you be doing for us?
- You'll own and support the recovery of IT service impacting incidents, minimising impact to our customers and colleagues.
- You'll drive effective root cause analysis on service related issues, identifying trends and ensuring that all insights are addressed quickly and effectively.
- You'll promote service at each stage of the agile delivery lifecycle - promoting service principles, disciplines, standards and processes within the engineering labs.
- You'll take responsibility for building a proactive risk management culture, identifying and calling out threats, embedding controls, and where possible, helping to implement remediating actions and ensuring a continuous improvement mind-set.
- As an IT Service engineer you'll apply exemplary IT service practices and skills (ITIL) in a collaborative and agile environment.
- You'll have a strong desire to serve customers and ensure that service operates to meet their needs
- You'll have excellent communication skills and experience of collaborative and agile working, and you'll be adept at building productive relationships at all levels to gain consensus to service.
- You'll be comfortable challenging stakeholders - saying "No," but also explaining why in terms they understand.
- You'll be able to tackle complex problems, while considering the balance between impact, risk and mitigation.
What we need from you:
- You'll have proven capability across the full range of IT operational service management disciplines (Incident, Problem, Change and Risk management).
- You'll have strong knowledge of Service Introduction processes, their implementation and how to apply them in an Agile environment to land change safely and smoothly. This includes working with Third parties and Partner teams.
- You'll have knowledge of the software development life-cycle from design, build to production.
- You'll have confident decision-making abilities when faced with complex problems and issues that can, and will, arise throughout delivery of services.
- 'On call' working out of core business hours on a rota basis will be required.
If this is you, we'd love to hear from you. Join us and be part of an inclusive, values-led culture focused on making a difference.
Whatever your aspiration, you can also expect excellent benefits (see below), personal development and a career that's enriching and full of opportunity.
So what can we offer you in return?
- Discretionary bonus between 15-30% of base pay
- Cash sum of 4% base salary which you can exchange for a variety of benefits or simply take the cash
- Private Medical Insurance
- Pension, where we'll contribute up to a max of 13%
- Share plans
- 30 days holiday
We are an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation