InfoSec Engineer Information Security Analyst
£50000 - £55000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Our client is looking for an Information Security Engineer to join their IT Service Operations team. This is a new role in an expanding team and is a great opportunity to shape the InfoSec function and gain further experience across a broad spectrum of security technologies and frameworks. The client is a leading provider of apprenticeships, accountancy, tax, finance and banking courses. You will have experience either of working as an InfoSec engineer or an Infrastructure analyst with a major component of a hands-on security work. The core responsibilities are: -
- Monitor, identify and remediate security threats and execute responses
- Develop and maintain data security policies, and procedures
- Participate in DR, BCP and IT Service continuity planning
- Research and implement security and firewall strategies across traditional networks and AWS
- Evaluate IT security technologies and lead on their implementation
- Provide security guidance on the design of applications, business projects and network architectures
- Prepare and maintain documentation of system and network configurations and architectures
- Contribute to security and compliance reviews, communications, certifications and accreditations.
- Lead on the security technical aspects of client tenders, external enquiries/audits and be the primary interface with both external auditors and corporate security functions
- Deployment and management of vulnerability and patch management software (Qualys and Trustwave)
- Manage the Vulnerability management program to internal KPIs and external standards
- Working knowledge of SIEM and data loss prevention tools (AlienVault)
- Endpoint protection, Infrastructure security and hardening (McAfee, Windows hardening standards)
- Experience configuring and supporting Data Loss Prevention tools (Egress & Forcepoint)
- Current experience of Windows Server, virtualisation and desktop security technologies
- A good working knowledge of networking and switching technologies, optimisation tools and next gen firewalls
- Understanding of Information Security Frameworks - ISO 27001, PCI DSS, Cyber Essentials and GDPR
A salary of up to £55K is offered and they offer clear pay structures, career progression paths and a comprehensive benefits package including including 25 days holiday, pension, healthcare, life insurance etc. Our client is also committed to ensuring they offer a working environment where everyone has the opportunity to succeed. If you require adjustments or support during the recruitment process, contact them and they will talk to their client to find out what they can do to help. The post is a permanent and full-time position based in Central/North London N7.
This company is acting as an employment agency regarding this position.