Service Desk Analyst
Spring Group Plc
£32000 - £34000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
My client a are a leading firm of Chartered Accountants they are looking for an experienced IT Service Desk Analyst to join their growing IT team based in the Bristol office.
Candidates must have the relevant technical knowledge and strong experience of troubleshooting and problem solving within a busy IT department. Excellent customer service, organisational and prioritisation skills are essential.
The successful candidate will provide excellent customer service and high quality technical support. They must be well organised, self-motivated, punctual, and flexible in their approach to work. He or she must also be able to prioritise a variable workload and know when to escalate a problem appropriately. They will be required to communicate effectively with pressurised users at all levels, often whilst under pressure themselves. Whilst demonstrating that they are an excellent team player the candidate will have a solid background working within a busy team.
The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities. As part of the team you will also have the opportunity to help improve the firms systems, procedures and knowledge base by contributing and collaborating.
Travel and overnight stays will be required as part of the role, to regional offices and external conferences.
Typical tasks will include
* Troubleshooting desktop / Laptop hardware and software issues
* Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided
* Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
* Providing assistance as required to the Service Desk Manager
* Escalating problems where necessary to management or third party suppliers
* Undertaking small to medium-sized IT projects as instructed by the Service Desk Manager
* Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Service Desk Manager
* Performing basic administrative support duties, as required, to meet specific operational objectives
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office 2016
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows server 2008 / 2012 /2016
* Good knowledge of XenDesktop 7.15
* Good knowledge of video conferencing and audio visual solutions
* Good knowledge of Skype for Business
* Good knowledge of working with document management systems
* Knowledge of HP Printers and MFDs
* Knowledge of Exchange 2010
* Knowledge of Office 365
* Knowledge of Apple iOS (iPad & iPhone)
* Knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP / DNS / DHCP / Active Directory
* Experience of working with VMWare Workstation for troubleshooting / diagnosing
* Beneficial but not essential, knowledge of Avaya VOIP technologies
* Beneficial but not essential, knowledge of accounting packages