The Senior Data Engineer is a lead for the design and the delivery of data and analytics projects; and input into data projects and data management.
The Senior Data Engineer will partner with different departments and functions to define, document, implement and create solutions for the data and analytics requirements that will enable business strategies and objectives. They will provide data that is accurate, congruent and reliable, and is easily accessible.
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for the full development life-cycle, implementation, production support, and performance tuning of the Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mart, and Business Intelligence Reporting environments, and support the integration of those systems with other applications.
This role will also support the data and analytical requirements for the Region's markets.
- Working on projects that utilise products within the Microsoft Azure and SQL Data analytics stack.
- Engage with Business stakeholders to understand and facilitate the requirements and ensure that the data and analytical solutions meet their needs.
- Collaborate on project definition and support structures needed to engineer and model data in conjunction with best practices.
- Supporting others in their personal and professional development.
- Define and implement data and analytics solutions and presentation of data for new projects and, where required, improvements for current ongoing KPI analyses.
- Actively engage in the development and deployment of various data presentation technologies and Business Intelligence tools.
- Ability to work across different data sets with differing goals, including, but not limited to: client databases, sales data, 3rd party data sets.
- Manage demands and workflow across different departments and functions to ensure effective delivery across larger projects.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in the field by continuous learning and proactively champion promising new methods relevant to the problems at hand.
Data projects and management
- My client are embarking on several extensive data projects, including a cloud migration, that the candidate will be expected to have a direct involvement in. Experience of direct input into similar projects is therefore ideal.
- Contribute to the design and management of data projects, working with multiple partners and systems.
- Pro-actively manage data quality - analyse and measure data-quality levels, identify data quality issues; work with users and data suppliers to ensure and improve data quality.
- Excellent knowledge of data warehousing and analytical concepts, as well as practical application to industry problems.
- Experience defining and creating data models.
- Experience of working with data e.g. ETL, data migrations, data stewardship, ensuring data integrity a necessity.
- Comfortable coordinating with peer teams to understand use cases, able to articulate solutions and present them.
- Comfortable with both the SQL Server BI Stack and Modern Data Warehousing on Azure.
- Familiar with and a practitioner of Agile and Scrum.
- Familiar with DevOps - in concept and in practice.
- Scripting: SQL, PowerShell, MDX, DAX and Python
- Data Visualisation: Power BI or SSRS
- Data Modelling
- ETL tools, such as SSIS and Azure Data Factory
- Knowledge of Data Warehousing
- Advanced Excel
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com
Progressive Recruitment, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy | Registered office | 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom | Partnership Number | OC387148 England and Wales
Contact Name: Jak Jenkins
Job ID: 2776570