|Recruiter:||Electrical Distributors Association|
|Listed on:||3rd January|
|Salary/Rate:||£38,000 - £38,000|
|Start Date:||2020-01-03 00:00:00|
Tower Hill, London or Home Based
Founded in 1914, the Electrical Distributors' Association (EDA) is the trade association that protects the interests of electrical wholesale distributors in the UK. We support and represent wholesalers, who join as members, and offer affiliated membership to manufacturers and service providers.
Since 2017, we have focused on driving digitalisation within the sector, particularly around eCommerce and multi-channel sales processes. As part of this, we successfully introduced ETIM (the international classification standard for technical products) into the UK market.
We're now in the process of developing a UK product data pool called EDATA. This will provide a central resource of rich, standardised manufacturer product data which can be used by wholesalers in their website and digital business processes.
We are currently looking for an Onboarding and Product Data Manager to join our small team and support the ongoing development and implementation of EDATA.
- Salary of up to £38,000 per annum DOE
- Contributory pension (matched up to 6%)
- 25 days' holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Work from home or from our offices based near St Katherine Docks
- Training opportunities
If you have a strong background in managing product data, this is a fantastic opportunity to help drive the electro-technical sector into the digital age.
Within a forward-thinking and engaging environment, you'll enable manufacturers from across the UK to modernise their businesses and streamline their processes.
So, if you are looking to make a positive impact and drive the success of a project that will bring UK wholesalers into the 21st century, we want to hear from you.
As the Onboarding and Product Data Manager, you'll provide a high level of support to manufacturers looking to participate in EDATA. These are organisations of all sizes and include global companies such as ABB, Siemens, Schneider Electric, Signify (formerly Philips Lighting) and Ledvance.
You will run onboarding workshops, audit manufacturer product data, plan and manage onboarding projects and create a plan to support ongoing data maintenance.
Specifically, you will:
- Communicate the data that manufacturers will need to provide
- Liaise with each manufacturer to create an ongoing data maintenance plan
- Import product data into EDATA and show manufacturers how to import their own data
- Help to manage the ETIM standard in the UK electro-technical sector (full training will be provided)
- Process Requests for Change (RFCs) with ETIM
- Provide first line support to EDATA users and ETIM UK members
As part of your role, you will be required to travel regularly in the UK and frequently stay away overnight (for an average of one night per week). There may be occasional overseas travel also.
To join us as an Onboarding and Product Data Manager, you will need:
- Previous experience with MS Office, with proficiency in Word and PowerPoint
- Excellent Excel skills, including using pivot tables
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- The ability to prepare and complete presentations to small groups and run workshops
- A full driving licence
Ideally, you will have experience of managing product data using PIM, DAM or MDM systems, but this is not essential.
Other organisations may call this role Product Data Manager, Data Project Manager, Digitalisation Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, Data Digitalisation Project Manager, or Data Project Delivery Manager.
The EDA is an equal opportunities employer committed to training and developing its employees and providing them with opportunities to develop and excel in the wider industry.
So, if you're seeking your next challenge as an Onboarding and Product Data Manager, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Contact Name: Electrical Distributors Association
Job ID: 2776439