Digital Project Manager
This role is deemed inside IR35
A leading local Council currently requires a Digital Project Manager for an initial 9 month contract based in London, paying up to £224 per day via Umbrella.
To set up and manage projects in the Digital Transformation Programme team. To lead on a variety of projects which will form part of the Councils Digital and Service Transformation Programme. Typically, these will be either particularly complex, have significant benefits realization or delivery dependencies, or will be core to delivering the Council's strategic priorities.
- To work with the Digital Programme team lead to design, develop and establish an internal project management function to deliver the Council's Digital Transformation Programme.
- To lead on projects that will be one or more of the following: particularly large in scale, particularly complex, have significant benefits realisation or delivery dependencies, or are core to the Council's Digital strategic priorities.
- To lead significant procurement exercises for new systems or capabilities.
- To lead multiple project teams; allocating and monitoring tasks, motivating staff and appraising individual performance.
- To effectively manage project budgets in accordance with the Councils Financial procedures and standing orders.
- To ensure that projects are delivered to scope, within budget and to agreed timeframes, prioritising the work that needs to be done against the capacity and capability of the Digital Programme team.
- To work with multidisciplinary teams of stakeholders from a variety of business areas.
- To advise the business in relation to their ICT needs as part of the Digital Transformation Programme and;
- To be a passionate advocate for new digital approaches to delivering public services.
- To lead on prototyping, evaluating and delivering new and innovative technology to the business, iterating solutions in response to user feedback using design led or Agile methodology.
- To build productive working relationship with our suppliers to ensure that projects are consistently delivered on time.
- To negotiate with development partners and suppliers to ensure that the Council always achieves value for money when working with external organisations or consultants.
- To build networks with colleagues across government and the digital landscape to ensure that the Council is best placed to take advantage of new and innovative technologies.
- To be responsible for the definition, documentation and successful completion of complex projects, directing and motivating project team members, and advising clients/users as necessary on all phases including advising on User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and training requirements.
- To ensure that realistic project, quality, communication and risk plans are prepared and maintained for projects and sub-projects.
- To ensure that projects are formally closed and reviewed, that lessons learned are captured, appropriate action taken and to produce appropriate documentation to support these processes.
- To attend and present at Council and external meetings as required.
Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss this opportunity further by submitting your most up to date CV in the first instance. If you do not hear back within 72 hours, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Contact Name: Ryan Yardley
Job ID: 2774963