|Listed on:||24th December 2019|
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
Technical Project Manager
Salary: £42,746 - £48,109
2 year fixed-term contract
Can you liaise with multiple teams to unite, co-ordinate, and steer the development of an online platform? If so, our client wants to hear from you.
When our client says this is an exciting time, they really mean it as they are embarking on a major strategic business project that will see them continue to be a leading expert in the field of educational research. They are looking for a Technical Project Manager to join them to plan the development, testing, and delivery of the platform; keeping it on time, to budget, on schedule, and with the quality standards to ensure it is fit for purpose at release and into the future.
You'll project manage the specification, development, and testing of the new eAssessment system. This will include requirements gathering, functional specifications and working closely with SMEs and developers to ensure that what is developed is fit for purpose. Working with the IT development team, Software Tester and User Researchers, you will plan and lead user acceptance and functional testing, ensuring the system is signed off at each delivery point.
Working closely with our client's in-house delivery and development team, third party suppliers, workstream leads, as well as clients and customers, you'll ensure the delivery of a system that meets their customer's high standards.
- Experienced in project management methodologies and in managing a range of complex projects
- People and interpersonal skills, influencing, and relationship building internally and externally, face to face and remotely
- Excellent organisational skills, able to prioritise and deliver own work and work of others, effectively within a team context and delegating whilst maintaining control and oversight
- Ability to liaise and perform as part of an overall programme, supplying and updating plans that integrate with the overall programme
- A strong problem-solving approach with ability to grasp complex issues at pace, synthesise what is required and to respond accordingly with good judgement
- Business analysis experience
- Knowledge of systems used for requirement gathering, specifications, testing, and bug tracking such as JIRA
- Experience of leading testing teams and plans
You'll be a good fit for this role, if:
- You are a natural problem-solver used to reacting quickly to shifting priorities in a demanding environment
- You have a proactive and professional approach
- You have a strong desire to develop and improve the customer experience, always striving to deliver high-quality output
- You can build rapport with stakeholders and convey technical work in "plain English"
- You can work collaboratively to ensure the overall programme goals are achieved,
It goes without saying that if you've worked managing assessment software solutions our client is eager to hear from you, or if you have significant experience of designing and implementing new systems particularly within education or with examining bodies. You could even have a digital, EdTech, or e-learning background supported with a strong project management approach.
Other companies may call this role Technical Project Manager, Project Manager, Project Delivery Manager, or Business Analyst.
Why our client?
Our client has a worldwide reputation as a leading independent provider of education research and analysis. They are a registered charity that has contributed evidence, in-depth knowledge, and research expertise to support the creation of an excellent education for all children and young people for over seventy years. Improving the lives of children and young people is at the heart of everything our client does.
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 30 days' holiday per year plus Bank Holidays + additional discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
Our client is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
Application closes on midnight Sunday 6th January 2020.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Technical Project Manager apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of our client.