Professional Services Engineer
23rd December 2019
£35000 - £45000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
You have an opportunity to join an award-winning Bristol based MSP and work on stimulating and technically challenging projects with flexible working conditions and a competitive salary, company car and more. If you are a conscientious, hardworking team player then this role may be for you.
We are looking for a Professional Services Engineer to join the team to help deliver the many projects in the South West and Wales. Your role will work closely with the Operations manager, the VCIO and the design desk.
This is a senior position within the technical team that takes responsibility for implementing new technology into client sites following project proposal and sale through the vCIO.
The role is mostly based out of the office, on client sites and may be as varied as a hardware refresh to a complete cloud migration. Ideally you should live not more than 50 miles from Bristol.
Azure, AWS, Windows Server, GPO, DNS, DHCP, MS-SQL, MS Exchange, MS-365, SharePoint/Exchange Online, WatchGuard/Cisco Firewalls, MS-Office, VLAN, RAID, LUNS, SAN, NAS, DAS, VMware, Hyper-V, ADSL, VDSL, EFM, Leased, MPLS, SD-WAN, 3G/4G, Hosted VoIP, Printing, Scanning, MFA and Windows desktop/applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
To be successful within this role you will need to demonstrate the following requirements:
- Successfully collaborate with customers and team members to carry out implementations and enhancements for their clients.
- Help scope and create project proposals and take on these technical projects and implement them, managing them to budget and timescale.
- Once the project is complete you must be able to document the change or implementation and then work with other departments for project sign-off.
- You must be able to be a solid team player, helping colleagues where possible to be the best they can be within their roles.
- To provide the highest-level line of escalation for technical issues where necessary.
- To communicate with clients in a positive manner to both set an expectation and thereafter to ensure that these expectations are fulfilled to the client's satisfaction.
- Track and record your time and progress on all project work effectively and to manage the client expectations and work to schedule on each project.
- To work to the standards and requirements of ISO9001 and ISO27001:2013 as relevant to role
- Understands complex problems easily coupled with being a fast learner and great problem-solver
- Loves technical problem-solving and is passionate about learning and stretching oneself
- Great attention to detail, time management and multi-tasking capabilities
- Proximity to Bristol
- Solid client facing personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable liaising directly with clients and managing relationships
- Documentation - must enjoy and see this as 'part of the job'
- Must be able to follow and adhere to the processes in place
- Valid UK driver's license