DevOps Engineer will have the opportunity to work in a small team who researches, designs, develops, implements and maintains services and processes to provide centralised compute and storage across the full institution.
A renowned, forward thinking Education establishment with a history for focused learning and development.
- Be a technical lead in the development and management of IT services and related infrastructure to agreed requirements.
- Evaluate and recommend new and innovative enterprise technologies and solutions.
- Keep abreast of developments relevant to your team and recommend on their application and relevance.
- Initiate relationships and work proactively with multiple stakeholders making key recommendations to meet strategic objectives.
- Demonstrable experience of developing, deploying and managing a Linux server environment
- Linux server administration and troubleshooting using the CLI knowledge
- Demonstrable experience of configuration management using technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef
- Demonstrable experience of source code management tools (G.i.t, G.i.tLab, G.i.tHub)
- Practical experience of scripting languages (Bash shell, Python)
- Knowledge of Apache/MySQL
- Familiarity with a VMware vSphere and VMware NSX environment
- Familiarity with container technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with CI/CD technologies (Jenkins, GitLab)
In return, there is a competitive salary on offer as well as a great working environment where they support ambition, recognise achievement and offer an attractive benefits package.
- Minimum of 35 days annual leave (includes bank holidays)
- 20% employer pension scheme
- Professional development opportunities
- Discounted access to on-site sports facilities
- A wide range of other staff discounts