Technical Lead / Architect
20th December 2019
£40000 - £60000
This job has now expired please search on the home page to find live IT Jobs.
This is a unique opportunity to join a user-centred digital agency who design and build web apps, websites and digital products for high growth companies. Based in the centre of Bristol (King Street) they are looking for a hands-on technical lead to grow the development team.
About this digital agency:
They are a small team of product people who care deeply about what they build and how they build it. They love making things with a high level of polish, both on and under the hood. They work hard (don't worry, they are not a midnight deadline kind of agency) and they have a lot of fun too. This role will appeal to someone who values building a business as much as they do creating beautifully architected technical solutions.
In this role you will:
- Architect and build the most complex parts of their client's digital projects, from small ongoing tasks to 3 month builds. You'll need significant knowledge of PHP frameworks (ideally Laravel).
- Be responsible for understanding user requirements and translating these into robust and demonstrable technical specifications.
- Communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders both internally and externally. Both in the context of new projects and for the purpose of winning new clients and work.
- Mentor and train their junior/mid-level developers into confident senior developers working across a multitude of technical disciplines.
- Manage, maintain and test their web applications and websites
- You relish in the opportunity to do great work as part of a close-knit team where projects have a real impact on their clients and users.
- You love the work you do, and you're constantly seeking out new ways to improve things and solve problems using the latest technology.
- You have proven management capability in a hands-on technical role.
- You value both giving and receiving constructive and honest feedback.
- You have a willingness to drive change and adapt your role as they grow.
Their technical stack is:
- PHP (Laravel)
- WordPress (bespoke framework, plugins and themes)
- HTML5, CSS3/SASS
As lead architect, they expect you to be responsible for developing this stack going forward.
They are all about people, so if they like your CV they will invite you for a telephone interview. An informal chat about your experience, aspirations and capabilities.
Next, they will send you a technical task to complete in your own time. Once you've completed this, they will ask you to join them at their offices for an in-person interview to talk through what you have done, explaining your architecture and the choices. They will also talk more in-depth about your experiences, let you meet the team and find out more about their work.
Lastly, they will ask you to come in for a final interview or present you with a job offer.